"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #11
Master Chef

Welcome

So glad you joined us.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #12
Master Chef

Welcome aboard-there are a chiffonade of chefs, cooks, affecianados, enthusiasts, humorists, cheerleaders, etc., are baked into a pie on this link. Please share your recipes!!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

chiffonade

THANK YOU EXPAT

YOU HAVE A COLORFUL WAY OF EXPRESSING YOUR WELCOME TO ME...LOVE THE CHIFFONADE OF INDIVIDUALS ON DISCUSS COOKING.
IT IS MY PLEASURE TO SHARE RECIPES THAT DO WELL .IT IS FUN TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, BRING NEW POSSIBILITIES TO THE TABLE.RECENTLY I ADDED VONG 5 ASIAN SPICE TO SOME HUMMAS, DID THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE, NOT EXACTLY LIKE 40 THIEVES HUMMAS, AND JUST AS GOOD.FOUND A FEW DIFFERNT CANS OF CHICK PEA S AND LIKED THE WHOLE FOODS UNSALTED AND THEIR ORGANIC CHICKPEAS, THEY HAD THE FRESHEST FLAVOR , IF YOUR ARE NOT MAKING HUMMAS FROM SCRATCH.THERE IS A HUMMAS CHIP BY PLONKY'S AND A KETTLE BAKE POTATO CHIP THAT IS VERY GOOD.I LOVE CHIPS AND DIPS, MOSTLY CHICK PEA OR WHITE BEAN WITH SAGE.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #14
Master Chef

Dear Gremolata,

I LOVE hummus--my family and I lived in Egypt for 6 years and we loved the middle-Eastern cuisine there. And unfortunatley, I'm a chip-aholic--so any good recipes would be much appreciated. We also LOVE Asian food as well--I saw your reference to Vong's 5 Asian spice. What is your 40 thieves hummus??
Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

For expatgirl

Wow, are we on the same page or what! Hummas has long been a favorite thing to have available! Many years ago, I would even peel the freshly cooked chickpeas...I don't now. The Vong asian 5 spice comes in a 4 ounce round cardboard box with Vong on the front.It is a mix of spices that reminds me of the hummas called Forty Thieves..lots of spices.Comples and for me delicious. I do like lots of different syles, thought simple is wonderul when the chick peas are tender and sweet. Swirled with Extra Virgin Olive oil , toasted sesame seeds, whole roasted garlic cloves, lemons,italian parsley.
fresh toasted pita chips...oh, my! Maybe you know Vong, short for his name , is a well known successful chef in new york...
In massachsetts "Oleana" is a fabulous middle eastern style, very upscale , resturant and she has just published a cookbook called Spice by Anna Sortun.The NYT has done a couple of big stories aobut her, her place and book.The restuarant is in Cambridge,Ma.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Hummus not hummas!

Of for a good spell check!