Guess I should reintroduce myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, came over frm food network in Sept, but have been in a whirlwind. Posted below info on misc top forum. Anyone from Florida is welcome to reply. Glad to see some of the same names from food network. I'll definitely visit more often. B.

"Just relocated, and no I'm not changing my sign in, but frankly I hate it here. All my farms in Seattle are now open, all the farmer's markets are open, and all is well in the PAcific NW. Here I am in good ol florida, the farmer's markets closed in MARCH :mad: and I wanted to can some fresh veggies this year & pick my berries for canning jams, but nnnnooooo, I have no idea where to go. Can anyone help me please. B."

hi yankee welcome to dc. much better than that other place. i think alot of us migrated from there. i know i was one lol.

Well depends on what you are looking for and where you live. I know that you can get some of the most delicious tomatoes in Ruskin. Plant City has a lot of fruits and veggies you can get. You need to watch the paper and look under the advertisement section of paper, Fruits and vegetables and they will list fruits and veggie's for sale and/or U-Pick fields. I know that you can find U-Pick blackberries and I think blue berries right now and not sure what else. I think it isn't long before you can pick up some really good corn. Should be either now or by next week. :)

Hope that helps a little.

Oops and welcome to DC. :) :) :)

Hi and re-Welcome to DC!!

oh oh, I'm new in FL too! And more than a little disappointed in what I see in the grocery stores. *sigh* I thought I'd be in heaven with all of the bountiful fresh fruit / veggies and seafood. Sadly enough, that's not true. I miss Larry's Markets!!!! *goes through serious withdrawels*

I did find a Farmer's Market here in town that's open on Thursdays, so at least it's a start. =) I guess I need to do some more research on the web, too.

Plant City I've seen signs for, but can't remember off the top of my head how far away it is. I'll check into that. And I'll keep my eye out in the paper too. Guess I didn't think of looking in the classifieds, but it makes sense.

:heart:
Z

Hey there, Yankeefan. Welcome. I moved to Florida 7 years ago, and have a really hard time finding good produce. The few markets we have around where I am (Central Florida) have mediocre stuff at best. As for seafood, we have to travel to find good stuff. I agree that it's a great disappointment. At least we can play golf year round here. That is a good thing.

http://aboveThe below link is a map that shows where Plant City is. I have a feeling that it is too far from where Yankee lives if he lives in Ft. Lauderdale. Much, much too far. If you watch the classifieds bet you can find some place closer. I don't know how many times I have gone out to farms and purchase LOTS of good stuff around Plant City. LOL last time I went out (several years ago unfortunately) we bought some white silver queen corn. Ate 2 ears on the way home, was like eating candy it was so sweet.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=Plant+City&state=FL&zipcode=

Back
Top Bottom