Happy Birthday Addie!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I hope it's a good one!

Attachments

• happy birthday.jpg
    happy birthday.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,712
Thank you. I get a wheelchair for my birthday. It is a light one and can fit in the trunk of my daughter's car. Now she will have no excuse to take me with her on weekends when she is out running her errands. I can't walk more than 20 feet and then my hip and spine start to really hurt. As a result I go can't shopping in a lot of stores unless they have electric carts. Just standing at the sink can be very painful when I am doing dishes. Wash a few items, sit down and rest. Get up, wash a couple more, sit down again. I haven't learned to accept my limitations. I am not 20 y.o. anymore. This wheelchair will make a big difference. And on next Saturday my daughter and I are going to an Italian restaurant that we both like. They make a sausage soup that is to die for. But sometime there is an inch of grease floating on top. I usually send it back and ask to have the grease removed. With all that Son #1 does for me, I hope he doesn't think he has to get me anything. Son #2 is straight and off drugs. That is present enough for me. And he is self supporting Son #3 told me in December that the chair and ottoman he bought was both my Christmas and Birthday gift. And I am happy with that. So wheelchair and a dinner out. I am one happy 73 year old great grandmother.

Except I still want to take up bike riding again. Doc says no. Balance is the big bugaboo. :chef:

Happy Birthday. I hope the wheelchair makes your life much easier. You need a barstool-height chair for your kitchen .... cosco makes some good ones that have a couple of steps under the seat. Place in front of the sink or stove, wherever you spend the most time, and even if you don't sit on it, lean against it. I's a lifesaver when my husband's arthritic hip or my sciatica act up.

Happy Birthday. I hope the wheelchair makes your life much easier. You need a barstool-height chair for your kitchen .... cosco makes some good ones that have a couple of steps under the seat. Place in front of the sink or stove, wherever you spend the most time, and even if you don't sit on it, lean against it. I's a lifesaver when my husband's arthritic hip or my sciatica act up.

That is on my list for this year. I saw one that has just one leg. You balance yourself and the height is adjustable. The one leg has a rubber cover on it to prevent sliding. I know the one you are talking about. I had a yellow one for years. I used it for ironing all the time. The steps fit right under the ironing board. They were my foot rest. When the seat wore out, I just took a pillow and held it on with a couple of elastics. When it finally broke down after years of good service, I had to toss it. It became a safety hazard. And I never replaced it. :(

That is on my list for this year. I saw one that has just one leg. You balance yourself and the height is adjustable. The one leg has a rubber cover on it to prevent sliding. I know the one you are talking about. I had a yellow one for years. I used it for ironing all the time. The steps fit right under the ironing board. They were my foot rest. When the seat wore out, I just took a pillow and held it on with a couple of elastics. When it finally broke down after years of good service, I had to toss it. It became a safety hazard. And I never replaced it. :(
Yeah, my current one is corroding (it lives in an un-air-conditioned kitchen so gets exposed to a lot of summer humidity). It was my third I think (multiple moves). I'm now looking for a new one in my catalogs. As I mentioned, my problem is opposite of some. At 5'9", I get a back-ache from leaning over counters, sinks, stoves, that all feel to me like they are made for the average height woman, which I think is something like 5'3". I really feel for our 6' friends!

The "old fashioned" Cosco one is still available from Amazon. After I pay off this months' bills it will be on my list. In bright red. I love bright red.

The "old fashioned" Cosco one is still available from Amazon. After I pay off this months' bills it will be on my list. In bright red. I love bright red.

You must be my daughter's missing twin. Her kitchen is all red. Including the light switch covers. Even the pull chain on the ceiling fan. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom