Happy Birthday Bilby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bilby, you couldn't be that old that the candles on your cake started the fire, could you? ;)
(Shhh!!! At the moment the electricity provider are taking the blame. She can get more money out of them than me!!)

and i hope your cat left you a gift. :cat:
Ahhh, actually, I prefer it when they DON'T leave me gifts!! Our tastes are a little different....;)

Happy Happy Birthday, Bilby! I hope your day is as special as you are. (Boy am I glad you found DC!) And about your friend, I'm really sorry to hear it. Every year here when it gets cold, there are some really tragic house fires but I've never known the victims. Must be awful for them to lose everything in a flash. Is your employer helping with immediate living arrangements?
I spoke with our Chief Executive's PA this morning and she will find out on Monday whether a collection has been started for her, and if not, start one then. Our CE will do whatever he can within his role, but is rather hamstrung in that way due to public service rules and regs. He will however help her personally and will have work help her in any manner that he is able and that she wants. Housing would not be part of that - it wouldn't be allowed. I'm not sure who her Executive Director is as there was a change in personnel since I left, but I am sure she will be supported there. (Paula is doing the job that I had before I got sick.) The people at my office are just great. Even when you have had enough of the job, you don't leave cos of the people. They have been very supportive of me these past five years, and we will all rally behind Paula now. It's what you do, isn't it. There for the grace...

This is the news video of the fire. Paula and DH are the first couple.
Yahoo!7 News

Bilby, is that your real name?
Absolutely not!! Bilby's have long pointed ears and tails, which thankfully, I don't possess!! It's actually Penny (short for Penelope) but most people just call me Pen.
Every birthday you have is reason to celebrate, you almost had same date as your mom. How wonderful is that? Seems like you get gift every year. Bet your mom was hoping you would be the New Year baby! Naw, she loves you anyway.
Hahaa!! Actually, her waters broke on my grandmother's birthday (7 Dec) and so my mother was looking forward to a flat-stomached Christmas of 67!!! I was quite content to sit around for a while longer - it was a heatwave!! - but the docs booted me out four weeks later and she got to spend her birthday recovering instead!!

Knowing you will have great day today AND tomorrow. Tell your mom special wishes from me. Always happy day when you can celebrate mom's birthday. I know I did. My mom's birthday happened to be Sept 11 and I am sure she would have just resented the day had she been around when 911 happened here in the states.
Birthday's are very important in our family. We still celebrate my dad's and he died 25 years ago this year. We are a bunch of lunch-a-lots so we go to lunch and toast his life - nothing sad, just happy, a few memories and a few moans - just like he was here. Always try to keep the happiness in the day. Do the same on the anniversary of his death too.

Thanks everybody for your wishes, lovely comments and caring thoughts for my friend. Being with DC has been great and this thread has been like a party to me (without the dressing up or cleaning up!!! LOL) leaving me smiling as I close this thread. I ran out of karma part way through you all, but I will continue when the site lets me to thank you all for making my day. I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead just as I intend to do!:winkiss::winkiss::D

Back
Top Bottom