Happy Birthday Expatgirl!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Birthday!
img_629282_0_3b15f856d3368d825f2b2b1dff55206f.gif

Oh, Expat, I am so sorry I missed your birthday (I was a little preoccupied with DD's last minute wedding!). I hope it was a really great day.

Thank you all for the well wishes----I had a nice birthday and like everyone else my mind was not much on celebrating though I did enjoy being with my family very much.....thank goodness for them.........you guys are the best........thank you from the deepness of my heart

does this mean you're posting from San Francisco, RedKitty????? Oh, what fantablulous news.........

And you Mr. Maverick, you're just a doll-------I should shoot you but I can't----you're too caring and nice and loveable to still be thinking about others but I really do appreciate it and it was an uplifting ending to an incredible depressing and (still so) few days...many thanks again..............

That's exactly how I think of you, Expat. You know which side is up and you speak your mind - I love that! I'm enjoying being 51 and the Ma'am thing doesn't bother me either but I think of it as a polite thing rather than an age thing. (I'm probably fooling myself a little there.)

I hear you about the wisdom thing, too. Wouldn't life be so much easier if the young folk would just accept that we are wise and always know best???? It would save us from having to say "I told you so" so often.

The one thing that still ticks me off is the AARP things I've been getting for about a year now. I don't know where they got the idea I should be on their mailing list!!!

I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to your post earlier......but thank you for the vote of confidence......as far as the AARP is concerned do given them a second glance esp if you wear glasses.......their discount is incredible compared with most insurance companies and worth their yearly fees........and my glasses with all the flotsam and jetsam of this and that runs over $600 dollars...........but I tend to wear my glasses at least 2 years at a time..........I got nearly 200 dollars off my last prescription which was cheaper than what the insurance company would have charged. While I'm not promoting all their discounts this one i am............

And thank you for your kind remarks about speaking my mind. I guess I'm just a big mouth.........but I mean no harm.......

:)Happy, Happy belated birthday Expat :flowers::flowers::flowers: and yes it's great getting older and learning to appreciate our power as females and not taking crap for no reason and being to be able to say what we really think. I have done that my whole life growing up a German and won no popularity contests but as I get older I stick even more to what I believe.

Back
Top Bottom