Happy Birthday Expatgirl!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
36_23_9.gif

I love being in my 50's.......I'm still active......I know which side is up and which side is down and I speak my mind and I'm called "Ma'am" and I don't mind anymore..can't escape it in Texas anymore. I'm looking my age (that is over 35 hahaha)........hahaha......had a 15 year old girl on a bike nearly run me over today outside the grocery store and I hugged the brick column and she wobbled by and said
"I'm so sorry, Ma'am" Ok , apology accepted........but I would hate to see her loose in a car.........and unfortunately she and her likes are around the corner........you can give advice and know that it's the best cause you've been around the block a few times and you just have to watch the young'uns muck thru it all.......and you know you have the answers.........I guess that's our lot in life.......given wisdom and noone to share and use it........

That's exactly how I think of you, Expat. You know which side is up and you speak your mind - I love that! I'm enjoying being 51 and the Ma'am thing doesn't bother me either but I think of it as a polite thing rather than an age thing. (I'm probably fooling myself a little there.)

I hear you about the wisdom thing, too. Wouldn't life be so much easier if the young folk would just accept that we are wise and always know best???? It would save us from having to say "I told you so" so often.

The one thing that still ticks me off is the AARP things I've been getting for about a year now. I don't know where they got the idea I should be on their mailing list!!!

Last edited:
That's exactly how I think of you, Expat. You know which side is up and you speak your mind - I love that! I'm enjoying being 51 and the Ma'am thing doesn't bother me either but I think of it as a polite thing rather than an age thing. (I'm probably fooling myself a little there.)

I hear you about the wisdom thing, too. Wouldn't life be so much easier if the young folk would just accept that we are wise and always know best???? It would save us from having to say "I told you so" so often.

The one thing that still ticks me off is the AARP things I've been getting for about a year now. I don't know where they got the idea I should be on their mailing list!!!

hey, I know how you feel, but if you wear glasses they have the best discount anywhere and that's including your insurance company and we have one of the best and they beat their rates......I think that a year's membership is about $12 dollars.....check it out and see what you think if you wear glasses.......I'm not Carlie Simon's "So Vain" anymore can't wear contacts due to allergies and dry eye syndrome---hubby doesn't even notice anyway........hahaha.......he loves me the way that I am.......

oh no, i'm so sorry girl!! it seems i get on here long enough for one reason and i have neglected everything else. i HATE that i missed you birthday!! hope it was the best, as you deserve it!!

img_629204_0_5f416e28ba9bc4f323da3fb84f7b6651.gif

Back
Top Bottom