Happy Birthday, GB!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my goodness!! I'm so happy that I didn't miss this one.
Happy Birthday to one of the best guys on here!! You are always here to help any of us. I hope you had the best one yet!!!

img_389891_0_8b4cdfdbe9dbe5c0471486bf4e0a8754.gif

Thank you so much everyone. You have all helped make yesterday one of my best birthdays yet.

My daughter loves to sing. One of her favorite songs is Happy Birthday. Well ever since New Years instead of singing Happy Birthday she has been singing Happy New Years for everyones birthday. No matter how hard we tried to teach her she kept singing it her way (which was VERY cute). Well last night I get into the car. My wife was already in the car with our daughter. As soon as I get in, Rachel starts singing Happy BIRTHDAY to daddy without any prompting. That was the best birthday gift I could have ever asked for.

I got a number of nice gifts, all food related (boy does my family and friends know me or what?) and my wife even took me out for dinner last night. We ended up at a place that I love, but almost never go because she is not crazy about it. It is a place called Minado and if there is one close to you and you like sushi then please go and check it out. You will not be sorry.

Happy Birthday GB! How do you feel about another year? As Oprah says she feels like she is getting better. You always seem to be positive in your posts, especially when you have child around. Enjoy your day. Everyone here loves you. I personally thank you for all you do. I hope each and everyday is a special joy for you and that you always have an appetite so you stay healthy. The same for the family.

buckytom said:
soooo, what did ya have, geebs?
I think it would be easier to tell you what I did not have :-p

I must have gone up 6 or 7 times. I stuck mainly to the sushi, but did get some great seaweed salads and some yakitori sticks as well as some soup.

My favorite, I think, was a peppered salmon nigiri. It was out of this world.

I also had some sort of raw beef. I do not recall what they called it, but I think it might have been my first raw beef experience. That was so amazing. I can't wait to try it again.

GB said:
I also had some sort of raw beef. I do not recall what they called it, but I think it might have been my first raw beef experience. That was so amazing. I can't wait to try it again.

Geebs - was it tataki?

kitchenelf said:
Geebs - was it tataki?
Yes I think that is what it was. What exactly is it, do you know? I think there was some sort of green sauce on it (so hard to remember when you try 50 different things in one sitting).

GB said:
Yes I think that is what it was. What exactly is it, do you know? I think there was some sort of green sauce on it (so hard to remember when you try 50 different things in one sitting).

green sauce?

I've never seen tataki served with anything other than a Ponzu sauce - or something like a Ponzu - mmmm - I have no clue what the green sauce was. Tataki can be beef or tuna - only slightly cooked on each side and sliced. Basically there is no carmelization, only VERY briefly cooked.

kitchenelf said:
green sauce?

I've never seen tataki served with anything other than a Ponzu sauce - or something like a Ponzu - mmmm - I have no clue what the green sauce was. Tataki can be beef or tuna - only slightly cooked on each side and sliced. Basically there is no carmelization, only VERY briefly cooked.
Yes I am sure you are right KE. I think I must be mixing it up with the salmon with cilantro sauce. The beef did have a very citrusy flavor so ponzu would make sense. It was cooked every so slightly. It was probably on the heat for a matter of seconds. I can't wait to try it again!

omg, I'm really late, but as usual I forget to check the birthdays... :rolleyes:
I hope you had a great day and all the best for the coming years!

Back
Top Bottom