Happy Birthday Goodweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You may enter our hot tub in honor of your birthday, Weed. We have balloons.........

Happy birthday to a truly nice guy who goes out of his way to share his experiences and adventures in cooking with all of us.

Here's to your vibrant spirit, your happy heart, your passionate soul. I hope you determine to live life with flair and laughter.

Have a great Birtday

Happy Birthday Goodweed!:)
Have a Wonderful DAY!

Say Cheeeeeeeeeese Cake :chef:

Goodweed of the North said:
All right. Is everbody sitting down? 'Cause I'm going to do something really different in this post. I'm going to get it done in less than 100 words!

Brevity is always appreciated, but that appreciation is rarely expressed (people think they are offending if they express appreciation for succinctness - imagine that?)

Well, I have no problem saying that I appreciate it, Goodweed! Thank you!

And Happy Birthday to you!

Lee

Best Wishes to you Goodweed, one of my favorite storytellers here.
Here are some Birthday Pancakes, in your honor.
pancake.jpg

Happy Birthday Goodweed, May your year to come be a Truly Blessed one. Love and Hugs Barbara and James:chef:

Attachments

• 18.gif
    18.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
jkath said:
Best Wishes to you Goodweed, one of my favorite storytellers here.
Here are some Birthday Pancakes, in your honor.
pancake.jpg
Wow! Now that's a stack of flap-jacks. Throw a few patties of good breakfast sausage on the side and I'm in culinary paradise.

Ok. Here's how the day went, again briefly. Got up early and got the charcoal going, just 8 or 9 briquettes. Took two 3 inch wide by 1 inch thick disks of apple wood and put them on the hot charcoal. Put the rack on and placed 2 lightly salted pork shoulder roast on the grill. Covered with the lid and cooked in the Webber for about three hours. I used the slightly sweetend vinager as a basting liquid. I wish you could have seen the color when I took the roasts off the grill. It was amazing. I don't think I've ever cooked a prettier chunk of meat. I then threw this smokey wonder into the slow cooker for another two hours, as the meat was not done through yet. After an additional three hours, It was pulled. I was sorely tempted to turn it into sliced pork instead of pulled pork as it was soooo pretty.

Served it with some ice-cold cole slaw and home baked biscuits. Made three barbecue sauces. One was simply tomato sauce with onion, garlic, and brown sugar (for my wife iwth the super-sensitive tongue), a honey-mustard sauce, and a sauce made from canned whole tomatoes (aren't immersion blenders wonderful for breaking down canned tomatoes:)), brown sugar, onion, garlic, and jalepinoes, the peppers really added a great taste to the sauce. I also added a bit of the smoked pork juices.

If you haven't smoked a pork shoulder or pork but with real wood, you are just plain missing something great.

Oh, and I got a new fishing pole, fishing reel and braided super line to fill the reel with. I already had an ultra-light rig, my favorite medium rig, and now I have a pole that will stand up to King Salmon, or muskies. Now all I need is time to go fishing.:mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for the warm birthday wishes. Like I said, this is the best site in the internet, and home to some of the finest people on the planet. And I got a kick from the my freinds(Kadesma and Chopstix, are your reading) who used soooooooo many duplicate vowels. It felt a nice touch, like a quiet nod between freinds. Thanks.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
I think BuckyTom said it best!! You have always had very insightful posts, whether it's recipes, recommendations or just good hearted stories!
I hope you had a perfect day, you deserve it!

img_333770_0_74fdddceea6d74c545f6dda37a782183.gif

mny many happy returns of the day Gw!!! wish u all the best!!!

Oh dear me sorry I missed your birthday!!:wacko: :bangin:
I am glad you enjoyed your day in a grand style, sounds like your smoked pork came out a big winner!! Have lots of fun with your new fishing gear, and share some stories with us!!

Happy belated birthday to a special friend to all of us in this forum!!

Happy%20Birthday%20Tatty%20in%20cadeau.jpg

Back
Top Bottom