"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:16 PM   #31
Hospitality Queen
Best Wishes to you Goodweed, one of my favorite storytellers here.
Here are some Birthday Pancakes, in your honor.

Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 AM   #32
Contest Winner

Happy Birthday Goodweed, May your year to come be a Truly Blessed one. Love and Hugs Barbara and James
Attached Images

If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:05 AM   #33
Master Chef
Originally Posted by jkath
Best Wishes to you Goodweed, one of my favorite storytellers here.
Here are some Birthday Pancakes, in your honor.
Wow! Now that's a stack of flap-jacks. Throw a few patties of good breakfast sausage on the side and I'm in culinary paradise.

Ok. Here's how the day went, again briefly. Got up early and got the charcoal going, just 8 or 9 briquettes. Took two 3 inch wide by 1 inch thick disks of apple wood and put them on the hot charcoal. Put the rack on and placed 2 lightly salted pork shoulder roast on the grill. Covered with the lid and cooked in the Webber for about three hours. I used the slightly sweetend vinager as a basting liquid. I wish you could have seen the color when I took the roasts off the grill. It was amazing. I don't think I've ever cooked a prettier chunk of meat. I then threw this smokey wonder into the slow cooker for another two hours, as the meat was not done through yet. After an additional three hours, It was pulled. I was sorely tempted to turn it into sliced pork instead of pulled pork as it was soooo pretty.

Served it with some ice-cold cole slaw and home baked biscuits. Made three barbecue sauces. One was simply tomato sauce with onion, garlic, and brown sugar (for my wife iwth the super-sensitive tongue), a honey-mustard sauce, and a sauce made from canned whole tomatoes (aren't immersion blenders wonderful for breaking down canned tomatoes), brown sugar, onion, garlic, and jalepinoes, the peppers really added a great taste to the sauce. I also added a bit of the smoked pork juices.

If you haven't smoked a pork shoulder or pork but with real wood, you are just plain missing something great.

Oh, and I got a new fishing pole, fishing reel and braided super line to fill the reel with. I already had an ultra-light rig, my favorite medium rig, and now I have a pole that will stand up to King Salmon, or muskies. Now all I need is time to go fishing.

Thanks everyone for the warm birthday wishes. Like I said, this is the best site in the internet, and home to some of the finest people on the planet. And I got a kick from the my freinds(Kadesma and Chopstix, are your reading) who used soooooooo many duplicate vowels. It felt a nice touch, like a quiet nod between freinds. Thanks.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #34
Master Chef
I think BuckyTom said it best!! You have always had very insightful posts, whether it's recipes, recommendations or just good hearted stories!
I hope you had a perfect day, you deserve it!

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 AM   #35
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Happy Belated Birthday Goodweed! Your day sounded fantastic - just as you deserve! Best wishes!
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #36
Head Chef
Aw, I missed it!!

Oh well, Happy Birthday anyways Goodweed!

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:05 AM   #37
Master Chef
Goodweed, I hope your day was as special as you are! Best wishes for a happy (albeit late) birthday!
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #38
Head Chef
mny many happy returns of the day Gw!!! wish u all the best!!!
Don't let love interfere with your appetite. It never does with mine.
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #39
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Oh dear me sorry I missed your birthday!!
I am glad you enjoyed your day in a grand style, sounds like your smoked pork came out a big winner!! Have lots of fun with your new fishing gear, and share some stories with us!!

Happy belated birthday to a special friend to all of us in this forum!!

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #40
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby

kimbaby is offline   Reply With Quote