Happy Birthday-my little one--21 today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
My youngest boy turned 21 today.
It's the end of another era in life for me and the beginning of another for him. I want for his life to be beautiful, happy, and good. I want him to have all the blessings I had and all those that never came my way.

He shares my love of cooking, by himself and with me. Today we are eating cake.

He's the one that, on my saddest day, climbed up on my lap, put his head on my shoulder, patted my back with his little hand and he said 'it's okay little momma'. Just thinking of it brings me to tears. That day, I will never forget. It carried me when I needed strength.

I love all three of my boys, and each differently. Each have different gifts and each have different personalities.

I'm going to miss the time in my life when they were little, when they needed a 'mom'. The kind of need a little child needs a mom, as I know they will always love me and need me, just in a different way.

Today, I'm sorry to be moving to another era in my life and yet I rejoice in his health, his future, and that the world is his oyster. I hope he sees it that way too.

Happy Birthday my little one.

Very touching! *Sigh* It really is like starting a new chapter when the little ones are no longer little. They are grown up, and it is kind of like we have to grow up again too. :)

Oh, by the way, whether they will admit it or not, they always need their mom!

Last edited:
it is kind of like we have to grow up again too. :)

***I will not grow up without kicking and screaming and stomping my feet***:ohmy:

I say to the woman with the avatar of the cat with a fly on it's nose.:LOL:

Thanks Barbara-you are always so sweet.:yum:

Awwww! Thank you! And I will never grow up either. My husband and I are a couple of the biggest kids you'd ever hope to meet! :D

My youngest boy turned 21 today.
It's the end of another era in life for me and the beginning of another for him. I want for his life to be beautiful, happy, and good. I want him to have all the blessings I had and all those that never came my way.

He shares my love of cooking, by himself and with me. Today we are eating cake.

He's the one that, on my saddest day, climbed up on my lap, put his head on my shoulder, patted my back with his little hand and he said 'it's okay little momma'. Just thinking of it brings me to tears. That day, I will never forget. It carried me when I needed strength.

I love all three of my boys, and each differently. Each have different gifts and each have different personalities.

I'm going to miss the time in my life when they were little, when they needed a 'mom'. The kind of need a little child needs a mom, as I know they will always love me and need me, just in a different way.

Today, I'm sorry to be moving to another era in my life and yet I rejoice in his health, his future, and that the world is his oyster. I hope he sees it that way too.

Happy Birthday my little one.

Boys will always need their Moms. I hope all your dreams for him come true!

Boys will always need their Moms. I hope all your dreams for him come true!

I swear I think you and Barbara--with your closely matching avatars--well--is she making fun of you? :LOL:;)

Thanks, I hope all his dreams come true for him, whatever they are.

I swear I think you and Barbara--with your closely matching avatars--well--is she making fun of you? :LOL:;)

Just a happenstance that we both picked similar pictures. The one I wanted to use was either too big or too small when I tried to resize it. It proves that we are long lost sisters...

I hate to break it to you, my dear blissful, but he's going out drinking tonight. j//k hehe.

Loved the OP! Hope both of you stay connected through cooking.

I'm always making fun of her -- it's so fun! :LOL: Actually, PF is one of those people I am forever connected to through the heart--we just haven't had a chance to meet yet. I fully intend to though. :cool: Not just because we both love kitties, but that doesn't hurt matters any! :D

that was really sweet, bliss. you have 3 lucky boys to have a mom like you.

happy birthday to your baby boy.

First of all, to Blissful - that was one of the most heartfelt posts I have read in a long time. I have had a very rough day and that just made it so much better. Your love for all three of your sons shines through. And don't think for a minute that just because they are all over 21 that they won't see you as the same mother you were when they were under 12! My sister and I were talking about that the other day on the way to a bank meeting. We are in our 50's and 60's and we still wanted to please our Dad and make him proud. And with what you have shown of your motherly qualities, they will too. Happy birthday to your little one.

Now, on to Barbara and Fiona - really girls. Do I have to always be the sensible sister? You two need to grow up one of these days and act your age.
:ermm:
:huh:
:mellow:
:neutral:
...on second thought :-p

:D

...Now, on to Barbara and Fiona - really girls. Do I have to always be the sensible sister? You two need to grow up one of these days and act your age.

Hey, you're right there with us! You don't want us to grow up without you do you? It's that little sister we have to keep an eye on, flying off to the sunny south again! ;)

Now, on to Barbara and Fiona - really girls. Do I have to always be the sensible sister? You two need to grow up one of these days and act your age.

I act my age once a day...and then I wake up. Once I'm awake and presentable, anything goes.:w00t2:

Hey, you're right there with us! You don't want us to grow up without you do you? It's that little sister we have to keep an eye on, flying off to the sunny south again! ;)
Hey, I am going in her suitcase so don't blow that gig! Since she is going to need the space on the way back for all the things she will buy I am going to stay and hang out in the dessert kitchen of the resort. I am hoping that if I just start making things they won't notice I don't really belong! :cool:

Blissful, we aren't really trying to derail your beautiful thread. We are just a bunch of brats.

I hope your son had a wonderful birthday and I hope you can transition easily into your new role. Have fun with it! :)

Oh don't worry about thread drift, all the more fun.

spork--he didn't go out last night--he never gives me that kind of trouble. There's even a case of beer I bought this last summer in a cooler in the basement--and he never even helps himself! His brothers however...are another story.:rolleyes:

Thank you for all the sweet things and well wishes from everyone!
I did talk with him on the eve of his birthday, reminding him about the 'it's okay little momma' thing. He just got this smile that crept onto his face. He knows how much I love him.

There was another story from when he was little and so adorable it almost hurts!

We, their dad and I, didn't start out being the best parents. No manual. :LOL:So, we sometimes used bad language, until one day, the first born started repeating things he had heard. We were horrified, mostly at ourselves! The word 'fork' didn't sound like 'fork' and the word 'truck' didn't sound like 'truck' either, if you get my drift.

By the time the second one began speaking, when he could get a word in edgewise over his older brother, we had begun to be much more careful with setting examples and using better language.

The youngest--the little one--had the advantage of being born 5 years later, after his parent's were more well trained.

He was 1 or 2, just walking and talking. He became angry with me (for what, I cannot remember) and as he approached me, he raised his tiny index finger, pointing at me and shaking it at me. He began to say something accusatory--but hesitated--like he could not find the exact right words. He kept shaking his finger at me as though I was bad and he was so angry with me. Then he said ' YOU--YOU--YOU--MOMMA'!!! I never felt so dirty in my life. So THAT was the worst thing he could think of to call me!!! My eyes filled with tears of laughter and I tried to keep a straight face. He put so much effort into letting me know how he felt, well I just had to take him seriously.

That was the day 'MOMMA' became a bad word.:LOL::LOL: So if you are going to take away all the really bad words, that's all you've got left, 'MOMMA'.

As for my new era, I'm going to think of it as an empty nest. I just need to figure out what I want to put in the nest. I am going to start with designing a bedroom and bath downstairs, many more curtains instead of shades, a new job, more and better gardens, lots of cooking, back to walking for exercise.
Thanks for listening (reading)!

The youngest--the little one--had the advantage of being born 5 years later, after his parent's were more well trained.

He was 1 or 2, just walking and talking. He became angry with me (for what, I cannot remember) and as he approached me, he raised his tiny index finger, pointing at me and shaking it at me. He began to say something accusatory--but hesitated--like he could not find the exact right words. He kept shaking his finger at me as though I was bad and he was so angry with me. Then he said ' YOU--YOU--YOU--MOMMA'!!! I never felt so dirty in my life. So THAT was the worst thing he could think of to call me!!! My eyes filled with tears of laughter and I tried to keep a straight face. He put so much effort into letting me know how he felt, well I just had to take him seriously.

That is absolutely Priceless! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom