"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I hope you have him read that. It was beautifully written.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

First of all, to Blissful - that was one of the most heartfelt posts I have read in a long time. I have had a very rough day and that just made it so much better. Your love for all three of your sons shines through. And don't think for a minute that just because they are all over 21 that they won't see you as the same mother you were when they were under 12! My sister and I were talking about that the other day on the way to a bank meeting. We are in our 50's and 60's and we still wanted to please our Dad and make him proud. And with what you have shown of your motherly qualities, they will too. Happy birthday to your little one.

Now, on to Barbara and Fiona - really girls. Do I have to always be the sensible sister? You two need to grow up one of these days and act your age.

...on second thought

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
...Now, on to Barbara and Fiona - really girls. Do I have to always be the sensible sister? You two need to grow up one of these days and act your age.

...on second thought

Hey, you're right there with us! You don't want us to grow up without you do you? It's that little sister we have to keep an eye on, flying off to the sunny south again!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Now, on to Barbara and Fiona - really girls. Do I have to always be the sensible sister? You two need to grow up one of these days and act your age.

...on second thought

I act my age once a day...and then I wake up. Once I'm awake and presentable, anything goes.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #15
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Hey, you're right there with us! You don't want us to grow up without you do you? It's that little sister we have to keep an eye on, flying off to the sunny south again!
Hey, I am going in her suitcase so don't blow that gig! Since she is going to need the space on the way back for all the things she will buy I am going to stay and hang out in the dessert kitchen of the resort. I am hoping that if I just start making things they won't notice I don't really belong!

Blissful, we aren't really trying to derail your beautiful thread. We are just a bunch of brats.

I hope your son had a wonderful birthday and I hope you can transition easily into your new role. Have fun with it!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
Head Chef

Oh don't worry about thread drift, all the more fun.

spork--he didn't go out last night--he never gives me that kind of trouble. There's even a case of beer I bought this last summer in a cooler in the basement--and he never even helps himself! His brothers however...are another story.

Thank you for all the sweet things and well wishes from everyone!
I did talk with him on the eve of his birthday, reminding him about the 'it's okay little momma' thing. He just got this smile that crept onto his face. He knows how much I love him.

There was another story from when he was little and so adorable it almost hurts!

We, their dad and I, didn't start out being the best parents. No manual. So, we sometimes used bad language, until one day, the first born started repeating things he had heard. We were horrified, mostly at ourselves! The word 'fork' didn't sound like 'fork' and the word 'truck' didn't sound like 'truck' either, if you get my drift.

By the time the second one began speaking, when he could get a word in edgewise over his older brother, we had begun to be much more careful with setting examples and using better language.

The youngest--the little one--had the advantage of being born 5 years later, after his parent's were more well trained.

He was 1 or 2, just walking and talking. He became angry with me (for what, I cannot remember) and as he approached me, he raised his tiny index finger, pointing at me and shaking it at me. He began to say something accusatory--but hesitated--like he could not find the exact right words. He kept shaking his finger at me as though I was bad and he was so angry with me. Then he said ' YOU--YOU--YOU--MOMMA'!!! I never felt so dirty in my life. So THAT was the worst thing he could think of to call me!!! My eyes filled with tears of laughter and I tried to keep a straight face. He put so much effort into letting me know how he felt, well I just had to take him seriously.

That was the day 'MOMMA' became a bad word. So if you are going to take away all the really bad words, that's all you've got left, 'MOMMA'.

As for my new era, I'm going to think of it as an empty nest. I just need to figure out what I want to put in the nest. I am going to start with designing a bedroom and bath downstairs, many more curtains instead of shades, a new job, more and better gardens, lots of cooking, back to walking for exercise.
Thanks for listening (reading)!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post

The youngest--the little one--had the advantage of being born 5 years later, after his parent's were more well trained.

He was 1 or 2, just walking and talking. He became angry with me (for what, I cannot remember) and as he approached me, he raised his tiny index finger, pointing at me and shaking it at me. He began to say something accusatory--but hesitated--like he could not find the exact right words. He kept shaking his finger at me as though I was bad and he was so angry with me. Then he said ' YOU--YOU--YOU--MOMMA'!!! I never felt so dirty in my life. So THAT was the worst thing he could think of to call me!!! My eyes filled with tears of laughter and I tried to keep a straight face. He put so much effort into letting me know how he felt, well I just had to take him seriously.
That is absolutely Priceless!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #18
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That is absolutely Priceless!
I agree!