Happy Birthday VeraBlue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fairy-with-wand.gif

Hoping your birthday has been touched with magic!​

Thank you all, each and everyone....and I especially love the fairy.

It's been a very unusual birthday this year. My parents were scheduled to spend the weekend with Lou and I and my kids, celebrating my birthday. I was planning a small family get together for last evening with some relatives my parents haven't seen in a while, since moving from the area a few years ago.

We were also planning on going to the Flower Show in Philadelphia today, and ending the celebrations with two cakes, one from each of my favourite bakeries.

No sooner than they landed on Friday morning did my mother get a phone call, while they were in the back of a cab, no less, that her brother had passed away during the night. Shocking...he was supposed to come to my home last night for the family gathering. My uncle, who taught me to ride a bike was gone, and we are still reeling from the shock. I still had the family gathering, but it was more like a pre-wake get together.
My mom is a bit shaken, still, but I'm happy she was here, already, when she got the news, rather than being in Florida and having to get here, on top of everything else.

Lou and I managed to still go to the Flower show, today. It was beautiful. The theme was Ireland, so the exhibits were filled with faeries, pagan lore, and celtic knots! It was perfect to see such a wonderful touch of spring while it's so cold outside. We've just gotten back and now we're off to the wake to meet up with my parents.

Personally, I don't mourn the passing of the life, I celebrate it. I'm sad, but happy that I even got to know the man. He led a full life, and by that example, I live mine.

Whenever we get back tonight, I've got a cake from Isgro's and a cake from B&W waiting for me, along with some pretty bad singing and a really great full body massage :brows:...Lou is staying till tomorrow.

Thank you all for the wonderful wishes. I don't feel 45, and hope like he** I don't look it, either. I'm happy and in love.....and again, I do so thank you all. This thread really means alot to me.

xxxoxoxox
VeraBlue

Have a wonderful Happy Birthday VeraBlue and many more to come. Enjoy yourself and relax because your birthday comes only once a year.

Vera, I am sorry for the loss of your uncle. :( What a positive outlook you have on the situation...another wonderful thing about you! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. :)

Vera, sorry I missed this. Also sorry about your uncle's passing - timing sucked, didn't it? With your joie de vivre, I expect to be wishing you many happy returns for a long time.

Again, thank you all for such wonderful wishes. I'm exhausted between the celebrating of my life and the life of my uncle.

Indeed, timing could have been better...but when is it ever a good time to make a permanent exit? My parents are about to leave for Jacksonville and I'm about to fall asleep.

I saw a robin red-breast yesterday. A truly positive sign that spring is here!

By the way...I still have lots of birthday cake left over....When you have two seperate types of cake, and only 7 people partaking, you just know you're gonna be eating cake for a week.

Anyone want some????;)

i'm sorry i missed this, vb, but a belated happy birthday to you.

lots of birthdays at the end of march got me rummaging around thru this category, and there you were. the balloons are deflated now, rolling around on the floor, and there's no cake left on the plate. but my wish for another happy and healthy year for you is still heartfelt.

lol, now you're really like my family: i'm sending your birthday greeting a month late (ask my biological bro and sis's).;)

Back
Top Bottom