Happy to be here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone,
I'm Novicebaker35 and I've recently fallen in love with baking and cooking!! :chef: My daughter and I enrolled in a Wilton cake decorating class a month ago (at Michael's) and after one week I was smitten. :wub: After the first week I purchased a KA Heavy Duty Plus mixer and have been on a roll ever since!

I'm totally addicted to cooking tools and gadgets (aka "my toys" :LOL:) and yummy sounding recipes. I have found cooking and baking to be so therapeutic! It's completely insane! I've NEVER spent so much time in a kitchen in my whole life. It's great fun as my daughter and I cook and bake together. Food preparation used to be a chore, but now it's a joy! My KA mixer (Miss Moxie) just calls to me and I have to go running to my kitchen! :ROFLMAO:

I've been lurking here for a while now and I must say thank you for all the recipes and advice I've benefited from. I bought a pressure cooker this week after reading through some of the threads here. I started off "slow." BB& B had one on sale for $19, a 5 qt. I figured I'd see how it goes and if I like it I'd get the Presto 8 qt that I saw today. I have a pork roast in my slowcooker right now (tomorrow's dinner) that I had planned to prepare in my new pressure cooker...but I just happened to be standing next to a chef at the grocery store when I picked out my roast and he advised against it. He's a pro so I took his advice, but I have to find something to cook in it...it's calling to me! :(

Welcome to DC, glad you decide to join instead of lurking in the shadows. I too feel the same way about cooking. I feel so relaxed when I'm in the kitchen cooking. Unless someone comes in and enters MY SPACE, hence the reason for my username. Your gonna love it here, the people are great. Tell Miss Moxie I said welcome aboard.
getoutamykitchen
P.S. Don't feel wierd about naming your mixer, I named my dust mop Marilyn years ago.

Welcome to DC, glad you decide to join instead of lurking in the shadows. I too feel the same way about cooking. I feel so relaxed when I'm in the kitchen cooking. Unless someone comes in and enters MY SPACE, hence the reason for my username. Your gonna love it here, the people are great. Tell Miss Moxie I said welcome aboard.
getoutamykitchen
P.S. Don't feel wierd about naming your mixer, I named my dust mop Marilyn years ago.

Love your screen name! :ROFLMAO: There are times when I can totally relate! :angel: Thank you for the warm welcome, Miss Moxie and I feel right at home already. :)

Welcome, Nb35. Your enthusiasm makes me smile and want to get in the kitchen more, myself.
Enjoy your stay here.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! My kitchen has become my favorite room. I got up this morning and made some blueberry muffins...that I'm munching on right now. :D

I have a feeling that I'm going to continue to love it here. You all are so nice and insanely informative! I'd love to just sit in some of your kitchens all day with my camcorder! :w00t2:

img_717237_0_277e9859631abf4ad88805de946eaeae.jpg

welcome , we are glad to have you

Hi, welcome to the group. We are glad you've decided to join us.

You all are THE BEST!! Thanks so much for making me feel welcome here! You're so very kind! *hugs*

I have a question though...is there a 12 step program for Cookers Anonymous around here somewhere? I'm so seriously addicted...I think I may need an intervention. :LOL: I can't stay out of my kitchen! I keep going back in there "hunting" for something to prepare. It's my new favorite room, I just can't help myself!!! :w00t2: SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Welcome baker man. Right now I am geting ready to make 4 loaves of sour dough rye bread. My sour has been working all week end so it should be ready tomorrow morning? So glad to have another baker on board.

Welcome baker man. Right now I am geting ready to make 4 loaves of sour dough rye bread. My sour has been working all week end so it should be ready tomorrow morning? So glad to have another baker on board.

Baker woman. ;) And thank you so much for the welcome!!

Yes, my KA mixer (Miss Moxie) has me smitten with all things baking....which has spilled over to cooking in general. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! :wub:

Back
Top Bottom