Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paid In Grapes

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody,

I'm new here and have been enjoying myself the past few days reading posts from over the years. I'm 60 and have been cooking for about 50 years. I have always enjoyed learning about food and cooking.

Past few years both my wife and I have had to adopt a restrictive plant based diet due to health problems, but I still maintain the goal of preparing food we want to eat as opposed to what we can eat. I am looking forward to learning new things from the people here, and want to thank you all in advance.

Welcome! There are many cooks here who follow special diets for medical or other reasons. They’re both very committed to helping people with their questions, and they’re always eager for suggestions and new recipes. I know will find these forums to be useful, and usually entertaining, too. Looking forward to your input!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking, Paid in Grapes! :flowers: I'm gathering that you do some food bartering... :)

Nice to meet you. Look around and jump on in!

Lol, Cheryl. My first thought was that restrictive diet aside, a glass or 7 of vino goes along with it.

What say you, Grapey? (I was going to use the acronym of your username, but, hmm, no. Talk to Sir Loin of Beef)

Oh, and welcome. :)

:LOL: I thought the same thing, Bucky - I was going to use his initials in my greeting, then thought, nah...

Paid in Grapes, there are lots of folks here on restrictive diets. Hopefully you'll get some good ideas and will be able to share some as well!

:LOL: I thought the same thing, Bucky - I was going to use his initials in my greeting, then thought, nah...

Paid in Grapes, there are lots of folks here on restrictive diets. Hopefully you'll get some good ideas and will be able to share some as well!
Just a musing… Isn’t the term “restrictive diet” redundant? Diets are, by definition, restrictive, unless you’re using the word “diet” to mean “what I habitually eat.”

P.I.G. Oh, I wish you had, because it never occured to me. Seems appropirate, as I reside in Iowa.

The name was just something I thought of, prior to signing up for the forum. I wanted something I'd remember and something that wasn't being used. What it refers to is pretty much my compensation for being the house galley slave, but never fear, they are not sour grapes.

It's a pleasure making all your acquaintance.

Hi, PinG. ;) It sounds like you have a sense of humor. We enjoy that sort of thing around here, so I hope you slide right in and become a regular. As a "Grape", you have a tough skin but a soft heart. That's another nice quality to share. Welcome to our crazy home.

P.I.G. Oh, I wish you had, because it never occured to me. Seems appropirate, as I reside in Iowa.

The name was just something I thought of, prior to signing up for the forum. I wanted something I'd remember and something that wasn't being used. What it refers to is pretty much my compensation for being the house galley slave, but never fear, they are not sour grapes.

It's a pleasure making all your acquaintance.

You're from I O Way?

Well, you can eat your fill (of all the food you bring yourself)!
Just kidding. Please tell me you have the recipe for a Maid Rite loose meat.

BuckyTom,

I don't have the recipe for Maid Rites. In fact, I have never have had one. With the way I'm now eating, seems doubtful I ever will. Good luck on your quest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom