Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h2oct

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone!

I'm brand new to forums and hope to learn a lot about aspects of cooking from all of you. In turn, I hope to share what information I know about cooking with everyone. Since I saw postings of birthday wishes, I would also like to wish Happy Birthday to fellow Libras and Scorpios!

Probably, unlike most of you, I am not an avid cook. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy cooking, but I only cook when I have to do so. I just detest the time-consuming prep work that is involved, such as washing vegetables and cleaning the stove afterwards!

I am truly excited and would like to start this post with a few questions.

1. Where can I find tomato paste tubes in grocery stores? I can only find them online. Are the brands all good or is one better than the other? I was about to order Amore tomato tubes but decided I should consult before ordering a whole box of them.

2. I shouldn't cook tomatoes in copper pots but is it okay to cook them in stainless steel pots? I hate enameled pots b/c they chip so easily as I am a careless and "rough" cook.

3. Has anyone used Maas metal creams or polish? Does it truly maintain the metal shine as it claims?

That's all I got to start. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi. h2oct,
You're gonna like this place. There's a bunch of neat folks here.
tomatoes in stainless steel are fine. The other questions I don't have a clue about, but someone else will.
Have a good ride.
Buck

Welcome to DC! :)

I haven't been able to find tomato paste in a tube in MD, GA or PA. Since I never bothered to order it online, I use the press and seal plastic wrap when I open a can. I put 2T in each spot and seal it all over.

Welcome.
I found the tomato paste in a tube in our local Hyvee grocery store, it was right by the canned tomato sauce. The brand is "Amore" it is double-concentrated. The weight of the tube is 4.5oz. It is distributed by, Liberty Imports, Inc., made in Italy. I hope this info helps.:)

Welcome along. Every one here is pretty friendly and I am sure you will find the answers to all your questions. You never know, you might even start to love cooking!!!

JoAnn L. said:
Welcome.
I found the tomato paste in a tube in our local Hyvee grocery store, it was right by the canned tomato sauce. The brand is "Amore" it is double-concentrated. The weight of the tube is 4.5oz. It is distributed by, Liberty Imports, Inc., made in Italy. I hope this info helps.:)

I was at the store this morning and I checked the price, it was $2.65.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom