Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sly Girl

Assistant Cook
I just stumbled across this board. I made Gumbo Ya-Ya last night for Christmas Eve and it was to die for.

I am from Nebraska. I was in the Air Force for 21 years. I was an aircraft mechanic, I am retired now. I bought a cafe and this is what I'm doing now. What a challenge, fun and rewarding challenge.

I'm a single mom of two teenage boys, a dog and a cat. Hmmm.....what else?

Howdy!

Sly Girl said:
I just stumbled across this board. I made Gumbo Ya-Ya last night for Christmas Eve and it was to die for.

I am from Nebraska. I was in the Air Force for 21 years. I was an aircraft mechanic, I am retired now. I bought a cafe and this is what I'm doing now. What a challenge, fun and rewarding challenge.

I'm a single mom of two teenage boys, a dog and a cat. Hmmm.....what else?

Welcome to the board! I'm in Iowa (not too far from downtown Omaha) so hi neighbor! :clap:Happy holidays! Quite familiar with Offutt AFB. Was a contractor there a few years back at StratCom DFAS, fabulous group of persons I worked with. Thanks so much to everyone who worked so hard to keep things running in tip top shape for the country! You guys and gals are fantastic! Congrats on the new business, sounds exciting best of luck with it!
What was the recipe you followed for the Gumbo? :chef: Something you did yourself or was it one you did from a book? Could you post it in the recipe section??

Glad to have you here and looking forward to chatting with you!

Sue

Hello Sly Girl,

Congrats on the new business. I've never made gumbo either, but would like to see the recipe. Do you mind sharing it? :)
Stargazer in Michigan

Thanks Barb!

Barb L. said:
Merry Christmas and welcome to DC, SueBear - great site ! Never made gumbo, sounds good !

Thanks for the compliment Barb! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! :santa:

Sue

SueBear said:
Welcome to the board! I'm in Iowa (not too far from downtown Omaha) so hi neighbor! :clap:Happy holidays! Quite familiar with Offutt AFB. Was a contractor there a few years back at StratCom DFAS, fabulous group of persons I worked with. Thanks so much to everyone who worked so hard to keep things running in tip top shape for the country! You guys and gals are fantastic! Congrats on the new business, sounds exciting best of luck with it!
What was the recipe you followed for the Gumbo? :chef: Something you did yourself or was it one you did from a book? Could you post it in the recipe section??

Glad to have you here and looking forward to chatting with you!

Sue
It's one that is already posted here in soups and stews, it's called Gumbo Ya Ya.

Back
Top Bottom