Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

g0rd0

Assistant Cook
I have been directed towards you guys by lulu who says what a great site it is!! I live in the UK and am a full-time mum to 2 smashing boys (Joe - 9 and Archie - 3), wife to Daren and 'mum' to Gordo (big black horse!) and Mouse (cross breed dog). I have been battling depression for the longest time and my eating habits reflect my mood etc etc :pig: so I need to break the cycle and start putting good stuff in my body as well as the rest of the family! I look forward to gathering lots of good ideas and recipes from this HUGE forum!!:)

g0rd0 said:
I have been directed towards you guys by lulu who says what a great site it is!! I live in the UK and am a full-time mum to 2 smashing boys (Joe - 9 and Archie - 3), wife to Daren and 'mum' to Gordo (big black horse!) and Mouse (cross breed dog). I have been battling depression for the longest time and my eating habits reflect my mood etc etc :pig: so I need to break the cycle and start putting good stuff in my body as well as the rest of the family! I look forward to gathering lots of good ideas and recipes from this HUGE forum!!:)

Welcome. So glad you are going to be here with us. I know you will have a good time. I had gone through a depression, (my was job related). That is when I started to go for long walks, it really helped me. JoAnn

Hello and welcome to DC!
Hopefully we will be able to share recipes and tips with you to help you on your road to a happier and healthier life.
:)

Hello! Glad you found your way here! Folks, g0rd0 is a friend of mine from an equestrian website I also frequent and I know DC is a great place to get eating inspiration so I brought her over with me ;). Gordo, things I find particularly helpful are the "What's for dinner threads" where some one is always cooking something superb! I keep a pad my my computer because I plan our meals a week in advance, and often things from these columns find there way onto next weeks menu. Sometimes I can't wait that long, and meals have to be shuffled around to fit things in. Last night, for example we had a meal from Monday's dinner thread....the red cabbage salad (even though I used a different dressing) was to die for!

When comfort eating is called for there is always the baking forum here, lol! At least that way you can make it at home, full of real ingredients and avoid the additives etc from bought junk!

Anyway, welcome to my other online home!

Back
Top Bottom