Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Milky Way

Assistant Cook
Heya, I'm Lea, I'm 18, from Wales in the UK. :chef:

I'm new to cooking, and basically, only came here to look at recipes for a meal I'm making in 2 weeks. Looks like a really good site. :pig:

Hey, Lea, get some recipes for your meal. Then stay with us for great fun and wonderful cooking exchanges. You will find this is a place filled with super people and lots and lots of fun. Welcome.

Oh, and, is your meal some sort of special occasion? Tell us about it.:)

Thanks for the welcome :D

And, it's only for my parents anniversary. I said I'd make them a 3 course meal lol. I have decided on some sort of soup, (currently looking at the soup recipes now), and cheesecake for dessert, as that's simple. Just need to decide on the main. Was thinking of something with chicken, as they both like that lol.

Only their anniversary. Looks like you are treating it in a more special manner than only. Good for you.

What is their favorite way of enjoying chicken? I would use that as a base for what you prepare. Take that and make something that resembles their tastes.

Have you decided on a soup? You might also want to consider a lovely salad instead of or in addition to soup. It will add another course to your meal, but salads don't have to be complicated or problematic.

Are you trying to come up with ideas that can be prepared quite a bit in advance?

Sounds as though your parents are very lucky people to have a daughter like you.

Hmm, they just like any chicken really, probably roasted they have most though, or with something like honey on it. (If that's what you mean by way of enjoying?). I'm really useless lol!!

A salad, that could be an idea, I may have a look at some salad recipes too. Thing is, also, it has to be fairly cheap, like not too expensive, so I'm taking that into consideration too.

And well, not really, just would like to get the ingredients and all in, and have the recipe printed off, so I can fully understand it.

And aww, made me all smiley then haha.

You're on the right path. Chicken is usually quite resonable when it comes to cost. Salads, too, can be fairly inexpensive. Especially if you use what is in season and create your own dressings such as vinaigrettes.

You could begin with French onion soup. Again, not too costly. Some beef broth, which is what I use. You could use canned. Onions, cheese and slices of bread. Really tasty and makes a nice presentation, if you want to impress your parents.

You will need to add some "sides" to your chicken dish because you just don't want to "plop" down some chicken and be done with that. Think a veggie of some sort and a carb, like pasta, couscous, potatoes, etc.

We eat as much with our eyes as we do our taste buds. Try to envision what the meal will look like on the plate.

Sometimes I work backwards. In other words, I picture in my head a beautiful full plate of something or other and then try to create it. You can do that, too.

Keep on asking questions and you will be just fine.

You could begin with French onion soup. Again, not too costly. Some beef broth, which is what I use. You could use canned. Onions, cheese and slices of bread. Really tasty and makes a nice presentation, if you want to impress your parents.
That sounds really good. I might try that.

You will need to add some "sides" to your chicken dish because you just don't want to "plop" down some chicken and be done with that. Think a veggie of some sort and a carb, like pasta, couscous, potatoes, etc.
Yeah I see what your saying. Mother doesn't like pasta unfortunately. But potatoes she does... perhaps something with potatoes and chicken, and a sauce of some sort, I don't know, I'm the novice :( :p.

Thanks for all your help by the way. Much, much appreciated. Must go to bed now lol! Will check back tomorrow.. *adds site to favourites* :p.

Hi Lea,

I'm always pleased to have another Brit here, even one from the red Dragon country ;). I am from SW england and London, but I live in Italy at the moment.

I hope the meal goes well. If your parents are very patriotic leeks make a great side with roast chicken, especially if you serve courgeets and peas too, and then roast potatoes, gentle and springlike, but very subtle flavours, you might like something a bit more special for their anniversary! Maybe find out what they ate on special dates, or what was served at their wedding...and make a simple version ;)

Welcome Lea. As a Golden Oldie, I can assure you that your parents will be touched and heart warmed by your thoughtfulness and demonstrated love which will make your meal seem all the more wonderful. Do post and let us know how it went.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom