Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvanurse

Assistant Cook
I am new to this community. I just happened upon it by mistake but I'm glad I did. I made potato soup yesterday and it was yummy :chef: . But the cheese burnt to the bottom of my "non stick" pan :ohmy: . Does anyone here have a magic cure for my poor pan? I love it, and would hate to have to throw it away. Any help would be welcome.

Welcome, lavanurse, to DC. Glad you found us by "accident." This is a great place to have fun with food and meet lots of wonderful people.

Have you tried pouring boiling water into the pan, covering it with a lid and letting it sit overnight? That would be a good start. Never heard of stuff sticking to nonstick pans. I haven't had any experience with that. Perhaps someone else here has and will offer a solution soon. Just be patient. An answer or answers will arrive.

;) Hello,Nurse after awhile on this site you will realize alot of us here need alot of medicating and in need of a good nurse:LOL: :LOL: Just kidding !You will like it here.What kind of non stick pan do you have is it Teflon?

I really don't know if it's Teflon or not. It's one of those pasta pro things that you cook spaghetti in. It's been a great pot for pasta, and I never should have used it for the soup. But last time I made soup, it didn't stick like that. It's not an expensive pot, so it probably is Teflon.

Welcome Miss Nurse! :) Sorry about the pan. If you soak it overnight with the boiling water, I might suggest you add a bit of vinegar.

Hi luvanurse, I don't know about your pan but I do know that you stumbled across a great resource here! Enjoy!

Pan Is Gone

Well, I don't have to worry about my pan anymore. My husband decided he was going to get it clean while I was gone today. (Bless his heart! :mad: ) He said he got most of the burnt cheese out, and he thought he'd try boiling water and vinegar in the pan. Then he decided to go outside and work in the garden. It's a wonder he didn't burn the house down. But the pot is gone, never to be seen again. :( But I'm still going to use this site because I like what I've seen so far! I graduate tomorrow so now maybe I'll have time to start cooking again!

Back
Top Bottom