Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CindyWal

Assistant Cook
I'm new to the site as of this morning. I'm a teacher, have a husband who is an accountant-turned-farmer (go figure), and have 2 daughters, ages 26 and 30. I live in Missouri, but would much rather be living somewhere near the ocean.

I have loved to cook since I was a small child. I even remember teaching my great-aunt how to cook cauliflower and make cheese sauce when I was about three years of age. My mother was the best cook I've ever known, and taught me how to cook just about everything. Beyond that, I have over 200 cookbooks (more for reading enjoyment than for recipes to follow to the letter). Julia Child was my culinary inspiration (in addition to my mother, of course). I even have an autographed photo of Julia framed and hanging in my kitchen. (I bought it from someone on Ebay, and I have to admit that I think it's a shame that they actually got her autograph and then sold it. I can see the imprint of the ballpoint pen on the photo, so I'm sure it's not a copy.)

I live in the country, and over the years have figured out how to make just about anything that I wanted(crackers, eggroll wrappers, English muffins, bagels, catsup, etc.) so that I wouldn't have to make a trip to our small town where the products that I wanted probably weren't available anyway. I also love gadgets, so I'm the proud owner of lots of things that my friends can't identify. (I have my own handmade Swedish hardtack rolling pin that I use when I make hardtack crackers.) I look forward to sharing ideas and inspiration with others who love to cook.

Sorry about the long introduction. I'll try to keep future posts a bit shorter.

Cindy

Hi, Cindy. Welcome to DC. You will find many, many people here with the same "loves" as you. Don't worry about the gadget thing. There are a few gadgetaholics here, too. I'll admit I'm one of them. Enjoy our food family!

P.S. Where are you in Missouri? I live near the southern part of your state.

Back
Top Bottom