"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #1

Hello everyone,

As some may be wondering, why is my id as llvllagical_llkook. Simple, I do perform various magic tricks and illusions, and cook. cook is spelled as "kook" since one of my favourite bands is Korn (not spelt as corn). Now that all that is out of the way, I want to introduce myself. My name is Nick and I work part-time at 2 restaurants. I won't say the names incase it is thought of as advertising and I get fired or in deep trouble. At both restaurants, I'm a dishwasher and prep cook when there are very little dishes to wash. So why am I on here? Simple. I've been cooking since 4 or 5 years old. Typically, I make dinner or lunch. I've come on here since I'm sick of looking through cooking books or inventing my own stuff since I'm always certain they suck even though my parents, family, neighbours and relatives say it's awesome.

I like to cook pretty much anything. I'm allergic to shellfish and shrimp, but I still make it, using gloves so I don't get any rashes.

My reason for being here is to simply learn new recipes and cooking techniques. I use an electric coil stove and gas BBQ equiped with a gas side-burner. I also have a Dutch Oven, slow-cooker, conventional microwave and oven. I'm stating this since many people have gas stoves or charcoal BBQs. At the restaurants, gas stoves are used so I'm familiar with both.

llvllagical_llkook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Welcome to DC Nick...
We are happy to have you join us. Look around find some topics you like, jump in and ask questions..I'm sure we can help and also that you can help us out as well. Enjoy yourself, this is a wonderful site, with great people.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
Thanks for the welcome,

I've been browsing this site for a little bit and it seems wonderful. By the way, thanks for the quick response for my welcome.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
welcome kook.

ya never know, you just might be able to add something to our dimension, and teach someone something, not just take away new ideas.

now, guess which card is the queen of spades...
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Many of the meals I make aren't very "new".

Queen of spades... must be your card!