Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanxs uncle bob, i have read a lot of your suggestions they all sound very good,how bout some help with a whole hog thats my game not these little butts... no pun intended

i have a pull behind gas cooker. i know the real way is with wood but for time and cleanup i chose gas, although i have used wood when avaible

Well if you are in the catering business then time is money! Also it sounds as if you are an experienced whole hog cooker. How can I help?

Any Basting Recipes, I Have Started Using Beer Instead Of Vinegar Based Sauce.even Though I Am From North Carolina I Dont Like Vinegar Style Sauce. Sorry But I Have To Go Now I Will Check Back Tomorrow....

Basting is least effective on a whole hog since so little is exposed to the basting sauce. Most of the hog is coverd with skin. Seasoning is best added after picking, pulling chopping etc. So basting is really optional on a whloe carcass. Hope this helps!!

Fun!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!! We've kept a seat at our table just for you!

Once the carcass is turned over the meat is exposed and the skin is against the surface of the grill. This is the perfect time for basting in my opinion. :chef: Here is a picture of the pig before turning.

There are a couple threads already on cooking whole hogs. The most recent one is here and would be a perfect place to continue this conversation. Our search engine would be very happy too! ;) Might as well fill up one thread with all this great information!

Last edited:
Well, I was going to say something about all of these people calling you the wrong name but no one mentioned your original name - so..........anyway...........meet the new and improved Pig Cooker (used to be HOG HOUSE CATERING) :LOL:

The pics look great, but I was taught not to flip sorry, I cook skin side down the whole time once meat is done it acts like a bowl on the grill that way while you are pulling or picking you dont loose any through the holes or racks on the grill,Maybe after seeing the pics I will venture out and try a small one skin side up..... ps..... thanks for all the help with the whole name thing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom