Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiggerrrt

Assistant Cook
Hello from the beautiful Eastern Shore of Virginia!

I am Lisa and am hoping to get some help making more interesting meals as well as getting help.... :ermm:like what in the world is a waterbath for cheesecakes??? (the reason I signed up:rolleyes:)

I am a busy mom of 2 that home schools both kids and I would like to teach them to cook healthy and fun recipes...plus added bonus of teaching math but SHHH...don't tell them that:LOL:.

Anyway that's me!

Lisa

Hello Lisa!

I would welcome you, but since I'm new I'm not sure if that would be appropriate,, but I suppose if you welcome me too it would be okay ;), so welcome to.. where are we again?? hold on.....oh yeah DC!!

of course you need a waterbath for your cheesecakes, you wouldn't want them to be dirty would you?? I just run my cheesecakes through the dishwasher on the "pots and pans" setting and they come out clean everytime!

okay seriously. Usually you bake your cheesecakes in a earthenware or non conductive vessel. place that inside a deep sheet pan or hotel pan and pour warm water outside the pan so your cheescake is sitting in a bath of warm water, preferably up to the line you poured the cheesecake mix to. This is to keep the cheesecake at a steady smooth temperature, so the heat moves into the cheesecake nice and slow and smooth. It also caps the temperature.

welcome to Discuss Cooking!

Hi Lisa,
welcome to DC..If you have anymore questions about cheesecake, try asking at our desserts topic..I'm sure you will get plenty of helpful answers..Fincher has you on the right track with the waterbath answer.
kadesma :)

Back
Top Bottom