hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debimangi

Assistant Cook
i'm new to this type of communication. but i love to cook & love to try new things. I live abroad & so love trying ethnic foods from around the world. Some times I have questions regarding a type of food or how it is used or cooked, so i'm hoping i can get some of my questions answered here!!:-p

Welcome to DC. You will definitely get some of your questions answered here. It is great!

is this where i'd post a question I have right now? i'll try & if not.. slap my hand...

i'm making the simple strata for a brunch wedding this next week. you know the simple kind where you layer old bread, top it with milk, cheese, eggs, sausage, etc. let it sit overnight & then bake the next morning... of course i've jazzed up the recipe!

my question is this: would it ruin the strata to mix it up & layer it & put it in the freezer for several days, unthaw it & then bake it the day that it is needed. I didn't know if it would somehow cause separation w/ the eggs or somehow 'ruin' the strata' to freeze it rather than putting it in the fridge over night.
i'd apprciated any suggestions as i have this wedding b'fast this coming week!

Don't know about strata, but welcome! Go down to the bottom of the page and check out the forums - choose one that seems to fit your particular dish and go for it!

Welcome to DC!! I also can't help you on a strata but there is a Special Events and Planning Forum where you can post your question. You might find it gets a better response than here. As David said, select the forum from the drop down menu at the end of this page.

You say you live abroad. Which country?

Hello and welcome to DC! Putting it in the freezer uncooked with dairy and eggs? I would think it would form ice crystals and ruin it. I have learned some are able to freeze left over eggs yolks or egg whites to later use in baking, but I don't think so for a strata.

When find the forum you want and post the question put an exclamation symbol next to the thread so everyone knows you have time constraints...

Back
Top Bottom