Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maturecook

Assistant Cook
I'm a senior/retiree and have cooked all my life on all sorts of pans of medium or questionable quality. I've been looking at pans for some time and just purchased a large set of Wolfgang Puck stainless steel pans at a very good price. Now I run across your site! :wacko: You could have been so much help to me through this process! Perhaps it's not too late and you can still help. I've been told that All Clad was the best but it is beyond my wallet. From what I've read WP was like "next best" in stainless steel cookware. I've been told they will be hard to cook with, stick easily, and difficult to clean. I wanted something that could be used on the stove top or in the oven. I just read in your forum that 400 degrees was not sufficient for oven use. Between the oven temperature and the difficulty warnings, I'm second guessing stainless steel. Any input appreciated.

Welcome Maturecook. I am a retired executive chef and have cooked on just about any
surface known to man and SS is good to cook on but it can be a bear to keep clean, it does not hold the heat like a heavy bottom alum. pan or cast iron. I used my ss primarily for stock making and thin soups. just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom