Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

70chevelle

Cook
Been lurking for a while in the kitchen knife section. I enjoy cooking outdoors, so much so that I purchased a Large Big Green Egg this past spring that I use for all kinds of cooking. Along side the BGE I have a JennAir stainless 3 burner natural gas grill with an Ultra Sear portable grill stored below, which is great for searing steaks & roasts before cooking to temp. My big project this summer was building a wood fired oven. I finished it in July and have been cooking and baking in it regularly. The hearth breads and pizza are fantastic, not to mention the meals that I've been cooking in it. We had apricot glazed pork loin with roasted potatoes seasoned with garlic, evoo, & rosemary this weekend, a 3 bone prime rib roast last weekend, and beef bracioule with home made noodles (cooked indoors) the weekend before. What really drew me here was the knife discussion. I have an extensive pocket & hunting knife collection and decent kitchen knives. My set is a Henkles 4 star with a Pro S Santuko and paring. In addition to that I have an antique Queen carving set with a 10" carver and 11" slicer with bone handles and also a 8" Wustoff grunton carver & fork. All very nice, although the Henkles are probably 10 or so years old and were in need of a good sharpening. I put a nice edge on all of them and then dove into Japanese cutlery. In the past 2 weeks I purchased a Kanetsugu Pro M 240mm Gyoto and a Hattori HD 135mm Petty. Amazing feel and sharpness. The Pro M beat out the Hattori for sharpness, but the Hattori looks fantastic. Now I'm on my quest for the holy grail of sharpening systems, tools, stones, or ? That's my long-winded introduction.

Back
Top Bottom