Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarcD

Cook
I've been lurking for some time and decided to register and participate.....I will behave myself....:angel:

Started cooking and canning back in the 70's and am not a gourmet chef.....I put food on the table and nothing more. I grew up with JC and JW on PBS......Graham Kerr rings a bell.....:LOL: I have a JoC 1977 8th printing that I used to go by......nice reference but I'm not going to cook my pork to 180F.

Once the children were grown and gone (almost) I took a break from cooking except for holidays. When it got to the point where I was the only diner, I gave up. I've been thrust back into the role of Patriarch with 3 grandchildren in my household......time to start cooking again!! The youngsters are fascinated by the fact that not everything is "cooked" in a microwave......:ROFLMAO:

Gave most of my non-stick away......do have some cast iron but rely on my SS for every day use. I cook chili in 5 gallon batches.....:ohmy: I do not buy endorsed cookware.....

I tried a multiquote but don't see any success.....could be my error...:ermm:

I am only Marc...and glad to be here.

Multiquote = click multi you want to quote at each one, on the last one hit quote...they will all show up. Give it a try, this is your thread!:)

Welcome to DC, MarcD! Glad you could join us!

Forgot to mention that I am a dog lover, too.......lost 2 in less than 1 year (passed away) :( Still have 2 (Rotten-Hound and a Giant Schnauzer) and my sons 2 Miniature Schnauzers are in the house. The little ones stay in the kitchen for their safety.....

Multiquote = click multi you want to quote at each one, on the last one hit quote...they will all show up. Give it a try, this is your thread!:)

Thanks PF!! I knew I was missing something....:huh: I shoulda known better (can we just keep this a secret and not tell anyone else??....:ROFLMAO:)

geez, you must have quite a load of canned stuff by now...

:LOL:The 5 kids (and neighbor lady who always showed up at dinner time) ate it all!! I might have to start again and am planning a garden.....we'll see. Once the kids got older I lost interest and stopped gardening. I now have 3 Gdaughters in the house that love veggies....I guess I better get busy!!

Welcome from a fellow Galenian, even if it is a different town in a different state. Must have mined that stuff all over the country, I think there's a Galena, Alaska as well.

Welcome from a fellow Galenian, even if it is a different town in a different state. Must have mined that stuff all over the country, I think there's a Galena, Alaska as well.

Gotta get the lead out!!...:LOL:

The Galena I'm from is no more than a town square and a post office....:ROFLMAO: At one time it was well known for brick....but that business is long gone.

Well, Galena, IL brick is kind of known for being crumbly. I live in an 1854 house made of it. We're about 3000, and a tourist place.

I know your Galena is a tourist place....seen a few pics....very nice!!

1854.....wow!! I love older houses......they have class. The only problem is just what you said....the brick is soft. I owned a house built in 1898 but it was frame and not brick.....I tore it apart when I was 26 and finished at the age of 28. I did everything but the roofing......:LOL: Too steep for me....yikes!!

Back
Top Bottom