hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooking grandma

Assistant Cook
cooking grandma here saying hi looking for low carb low sugar recipes hope to find some good ones keeping on smiling

Welcome to DC Cooking Grandma! I'm sure you will find lots of recipes like that. Good recipes abound here! :cool:

Welcome from another cooking Grandma (known as Grammy). Glad you are here.

hello yourself, grandma, and welcome to dc. a diet that is low carb, low sugar and low fat is tough. i know coz i'm on one myself right now and it's no fun. but rapid weight loss is the reward, so i'm hanging in for the time being....no one should be required to give up bread, pasta, rice and potatoes without a humongous payout....

Hi cooking grandma! I too am focusing on low carb and low sugar. I just finished cooking up a huge pot of a nutrient dense soup that's my favorite...split peas, white cannellini beans, onions, zucchini, kale, carrots, juiced celery and juiced carrots, vegetable broth, cremini mushrooms, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, garlic, basil, and thickened with softened cashews pureed til smooth. Come join me...i'll leave the porch light on.

Last edited:
Hi cooking grandma! I too am focusing on low carb and low sugar. I just finished cooking up a huge pot of a nutrient dense soup that's my favorite...split peas, white cannellini beans, onions, zucchini, kale, carrots, juiced celery and juiced carrots, vegetable broth, cremini mushrooms, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, garlic, basil, and thickened with softened cashews pureed til smooth. Come join me...i'll leave the porch light on.

I have some...er, baguette!:pig: That sounds wonderful Mollyanne!

Welcome cooking grandma! I'm on a cardboard and water diet myself and can empathize.

cooking grandma here saying hi looking for low carb low sugar recipes hope to find some good ones keeping on smiling
I'm what my grandkids call a MA so we are much alike. Glad you've joined the family. I see you're looking for low carb andlow sugar. are you diabetic by chance? I am and if I can help I'd be glad to.
kadesMA

molly, that soup of yours sure sounds yummy! i'm intrigued, too, by the 'pureed cashews'....

Back
Top Bottom