Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gemmi

Assistant Cook
I've never had a cooking lesson in my life but I cook daily for 8 people and they haven't banned from the kitchen yet.
I fix mainly fresh for myself (Lyme Disease Diet) but cook everything from layered cheesecake to Lasagna for the family to keep in practice... they love my Bacon Risotto.
This week I decided to stake my claim in the Foodie Network of the net, so I did, drumming up a blog that journals my '5 minute meals'; and then I went looking for a few other Foodie folk to connect to and found the Forum!
Happy Cooking!!:chef:

Oh now, not another Aussie!:ohmy: Now all we'll be hearing about is wallaby stew.:LOL: Just kidding. I adored Perth for the short time I was there. Welcome to DC, where we rarely take ourselves seriously, and love to share recipes, techniques, friendship, and life. I look forward to your posts.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

As long as you don't start singing Waltzing Matilda @ 2 in the morning...Welcome, Gemmi!

To tell the truth I've never eaten a marsupial in my life, although I'm going to give Kangaroo Kebabs a go one day:) Wallaby Stew, definitely not...:chef:

To tell the truth I've never eaten a marsupial in my life, although I'm going to give Kangaroo Kebabs a go one day:) Wallaby Stew, definitely not...:chef:

Seems to me that I recall a problem with rabbits in your part of the world. I can tell you from personal experience that those rodents are mighty tasty when prepared properly, probably better than Vegemite. I would think wallaby would be similar. And that wallaby stew reference comes from the movie - "The Man From Snowy River".

Don't worry though, if you're not up to wallaby Stew, there are more than enough other recipes to be had from this site, that you will never have to worry about having to search for a recipe to satisfy that nagging desire to eat something great.:mrgreen: That's my Aussie grin, and I've only been there once, back in 1984, and only for a few days. You guys must have impressed me. Maybe it was those 300 ladies that threw a dance party for all of us sailors from the aircraft carrier I was on. Naw, on 2nd thought, I was absolutely faithful to my DW and they didn't even turn my head. Not their fault though. I'm just a one woman kind-of-guy. They didn't have a chance.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Definitely prefer rabbits above wallaby(and yes, we have plenty:)... But above Vegemite? That's not even a consideration... :):)

Back
Top Bottom