Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrewCityCook

Assistant Cook
I'm (obviously) new to the forum. Growing up I always loved cooking, I've been in the kitchen since I could remember. However most meals we ate growing up were basic meat & potatoes with a very basic palette (farm living!) I was also one of the pickiest eaters as a kid.

Since I met my husband a few years ago, I have really opened up myself to other foods and flavor! (His parents taught him how to cook good food, and he will pretty much eat anything) So now I'm playing palette catch up and loving it! :yum:

Welcome!

What kinds of foods do you like to cook? Any favourite recipes?

Thanks for all the newbie welcoming!

Everything? Kidding (sort of) A few things I've made lately are Bahn Mi, homemade pasta with bolognese sauce, Banana foam with waffles (amazing), Fajitas, chicken fundido (didn't turn out well, I need to figure out how to melt cheese better), pesto, Tandoori Chicken and Nutella Cheesecake. And some amazing vanilla bean creme brule...yum.

Also we got an amazing saute then simmer rice cooker for our wedding last month, and have have a lot of fun playing around with that, next I think I want to do a steamed bun in it, I've only ever had them at Hibachi, and I think playing with the fillings could be a lot of fun.

Here is a picture of the waffles with banana foam and nutella powder.
BLxN4OCCYAAbn8H.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! I have never had banana foam. Actually I have not ever heard of it. How is it made?

Welcome! I have never had banana foam. Actually I have not ever heard of it. How is it made?

Banana foam is made by blending together banana, sugar and milk, and then sprinkling gelatin over the banana mixture. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a pan on the oven and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until the gelatin has fully dissolved. Strain it to get rid of any banana pieces. After that put it all into a culinary whipper and charge it up (just like with normal whipped cream) and chill it for a few hours.

Here are the amounts of ingredients
- 50 g (~2 oz) ripe banana
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1.3 g powder gelatin

After typing this I wish I had a ripe banana lying around so I can make it!

Banana foam is made by blending together banana, sugar and milk, and then sprinkling gelatin over the banana mixture. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a pan on the oven and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until the gelatin has fully dissolved. Strain it to get rid of any banana pieces. After that put it all into a culinary whipper and charge it up (just like with normal whipped cream) and chill it for a few hours.

Here are the amounts of ingredients
- 50 g (~2 oz) ripe banana
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1.3 g powder gelatin

After typing this I wish I had a ripe banana lying around so I can make it!

Wow! Sounds delicious. :yum: I wonder how I could get peanut butter involved in this? ;) PB waffles with this, maybe?

Wow! Sounds delicious. :yum: I wonder how I could get peanut butter involved in this? ;) PB waffles with this, maybe?

Peanut Butter Powder! Either buy it straight out or make it with Maltodextrin. Put 20 g peanut butter and 8 g maltodextrin in a food processor, and you have peanut butter powder!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom