Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! I think the snowballs at the tent is something I am waaaaaaaayy too old for, and I saw that about cat lovers!

However, I do have a wonderful dog. I love critters. One exception might be my neighbor's parrot named Peckerhead. He is so rude she has to put him in the guest room closet when her pastor comes over.

:LOL: She may need to rethink the name, not real pastor-friendly!

Last edited:
LOL!! I know, but she inherited it from her uncle, who retired from the merchant marines.

When the doorbell rings, he says, "What the h*** do you want?"

Nice one, he is.

My mother's grandfather was a sailor, and also brought home a very foul-mouthed parrot! When the pastor visited, they'd cover the cage. I have a feeling the parrot learned the language somewhere...

Last edited:
My mother's grandfather was a sailor, and also brought home a very foul-mouthed parrot! When the pastor visited, they'd cover the cage. I have a feeling the parrot learned the language somewhere...

Maybe it's why there's the saying, "Cursing like a sailor."

Then again, my daughter is a nurse in the Navy, but she doesn't curse. Then again, I remember when she dropped a bowling ball on her foot and the air turned blue!

Maybe it's why there's the saying, "Cursing like a sailor."

Then again, my daughter is a nurse in the Navy, but she doesn't curse. Then again, I remember when she dropped a bowling ball on her foot and the air turned blue!

Of course! Studies now say those who curse immediately following an injury actually heal faster! Or reduce stress, or something like that. Maybe lower cholesterol.

Last edited:
Of course! Studies now say those who curse immediately following an injury actually heal faster! Or reduce stress, or something like that. Maybe lower cholesterol.

I'll have to tell her that! I wonder if that's covered in nursing school?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom