"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2018, 10:25 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Well cripe, I hope we didn't scare you off with all this nonsense Traveler! I like your name by the way and everyone chooses a screen name for a personal reason like "Mad Cook" and "Rascal". Humm....

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome, Traveler.

There has rarely been such a hotly contested welcome by an innocent person in the history of Discuss Cooking.

I hope you stick around. This could get interesting.

buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:38 AM   #23
Head Chef

I use rascal because everyone here in nz I know call me that, it's a play on Russell. My number plate is rascil. Note to self, don't make flippant remarks. Perhaps that's why another poster is taking time out.

Russ
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Hold on to those knotted up knickers MC. This American doesn't give a flip about "Dr Who" and I presume our new Traveler doesn't either.
Oh, come ON Kayelle! I was J-O-K-I-N-G ! I would have thought you'd have worked that out by now.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:26 AM   #25
Master Chef

I hope you weren't offended by my comments re "Dr Who", Traveler. There are some very silly people on here who take umbrage at the drop of a hat. You'll get used to it.

I hope you enjoy your time ferreting about on DC. You'll be able to learn things and teach things.

There's a saying about Britain and America - "Two nations divided by a common language". It's never so true as on DC. I have an old copy of "The Joy of Cooking" which I resort to when I need culinary translations. (Fascinating book - it even tells you how to cook a bear - wanders off scratching head)
Old 09-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #26
Executive Chef

I would like to clarify things here...

Others make smartazz remarks... I make cute comments..

Ross
Old 09-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #27
Head Chef

And some are down right nasty. I've never come across a bunch of nasty people anywhere.

Russ
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #28
Senior Cook

Hey, thats "Ms. Jackson if you're nasty"!

Poor ole Traveler ran right in to the confusing buzzsaw that is this place. I've had jerks think I'm the jerk here, when clearly I'm as sweet a Tupelo Honey!

Chef Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome, Traveler. I hope you aren't a weary traveler with all of the discussion surrounding your choice of screen name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I don't get it. Why is someone asking about a time machine from an old TV program ??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Because you call yourself "Traveler" and then asked what a TARDIS is. And it isn't "old" BBC still makes new series...
Perhaps he decided it would be a good name because he has traveled to a lot of places? Visited foreign lands? Traveled through many of the states? He may not have enough time to watch a TV show because he is...traveling.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #30
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Welcome, Traveler. I hope you aren't a weary traveler with all of the discussion surrounding your choice of screen name.

Perhaps he decided it would be a good name because he has traveled to a lot of places? Visited foreign lands? Traveled through many of the states? He may not have enough time to watch a TV show because he is...traveling.
For the curious, I chose the name Traveler because I've traveled in all 50 states, lived in 13 pf them, traveled in 11 countries and lived in 3 of them (7 years in The Philippines and 8 years in Mexico.)

Even as a little kid, I always needed to see what was on the other side of the mountain.

Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote