Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Traveler

Cook
Hello, My name is Traveler. I an 72 years old and cooking has been the love of my life since early childhood. I learned the basics, working in the French Quarter restaurants starting at age 17.

Very excited to have a New Orleans chef around! Maybe I’ll finally discover the secret to NO BBQ shrimp!

Welcome to DC, Traveller!

Welcome to DC!

Very excited to have a New Orleans chef around! Maybe I’ll finally discover the secret to NO BBQ shrimp!

Welcome to DC, Traveller!

Just about every chef and establishment in NOLA has their own version of BBQ shrimp. Don't know what secret you're looking for.

Never even heard of a tardis. :huh:

You've never heard of the Tardis!!!

Time And Relative Dimension In Space

Dr Who? The Daleks?

You haven't lived if you haven't been frightened by the Cybermen!

"BBC - Doctor Who - Classic Series - TARDIS Cam
The TARDIS is the Doctor's method of travel through both time and space - all Gallifreyan Time Lords use TARDISes for getting from A to B - and from then to now. ." (Wikipaedia)

(British BBC television from the 1960s to the present. Originally a children's TV programme - much hiding behind the sofa while enjoying being scared to death. Now something of a cult programme among adults)

Last edited:
I don't get it. Why is someone asking about a time machine from an old TV program ??????:mellow::huh:
Because you call yourself "Traveler" and then asked what a TARDIS is. And it isn't "old" BBC still makes new series.

I can't believe so many Americans don't know "Dr Who". I would have thought it would have found its way to you after all these years.

We put up with your televisual rubbish so you ought to have ours. We now even have a channel showing "National Enquirer", for god's sake.

Last edited:
Welcome to Discuss Cooking, Traveler! Looking forward to your posts. :flowers:

A fun place to start is the 'What's for Dinner' thread. For many of us, it's the first place we check. I'm continually inspired by others' meals. :chef::yum:

Because you call yourself "Traveler" and then asked what a TARDIS is. And it isn't "old" BBC still makes new series.

I can't believe so many Americans don't know "Dr Who". I would have thought it would have found its way to you after all these years.

We put up with your televisual rubbish so you ought to have ours. We now even have a channel showing "National Enquirer", for god's sake.

Hold on to those knotted up knickers MC. This American doesn't give a flip about "Dr Who" and I presume our new Traveler doesn't either. :rolleyes:

Settle petal, lols, his moniker is traveller, I asked , tongue in cheek, does he have a
Tardis, simple , he/she doesn't. No drama lana.
Can't believe yall havnt heard of it.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom