Hello all, Huge howdy from San francisco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau_safken

Assistant Cook
I am very pleasently surprised. I was looking around the internet for a site on reviews of stand mixers and various other little kitchen devices...when i found this place. I was a tad skeptical at first, but i then looked around a little more. I saw for the first time...there were other cooking nerds...Lots of them.... And not just older people but ALL kinds.

Little background on me. I have always been the go to guy when it comes to cooking. My family has always looked to me to cook when something needs to happen. Its kind of odd really... My mom and dad never cooked, but because they were gone all the time and I was hungry...I learned to cook. A mix of cooking shows on PBS and books, showed me how to cook so i could use what was around the house. Later I got better and better. Soon my parents would ask me to cook a little more, so I did. Then my mom would take me to cooking classes, i knew it was so i would learn new dishes and ways of cooking, but I didnt care. It was so nice to see people's faces after you cook something tasty. I love that look and got better and better at cooking for that reason.

Now a days, since I'm on my own with nobody but myself to impress anymore...its just really hard to get motivated to cook. But after reading this site and lurking a couple days...I found there is enjoyment in cooking again. Who is the client....ME :D

So I just want to say thank you for having a place where my inner cooking nerd can flourish and show itself a little more. As a little token I would like to present a small token of appreciation.

This is my meat sauce pasta dish.
Ingredients:
Ground beef - FATTIEST I CAN FIND ;) simmered in salt, cumin, chili powder and cracked pepper. I dont drain the fat...I let that meat cook in it until the fat literally attached the faun to the meat and its like bitting into a little bit of heaven.....Ohhhhh.....
Corn, bell pepper, carmelized onions, garlic and parm cheese.
Mix in a couple jars of spagetti sauce kicked up with a mix of italian parsley, bay leaf and oregano...
Allow that to simmer for a long time
Make some elbow macaroni so that it can hold all those ground beef bits
sprinkle a good amount of cheese in the finished product and Boom....

Here is a nice brown porter to wash that down with also ;)

Thank you all and I look forward to being here for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to DC, Beau. I am only about 3-4 weeks new to DC myself. DC encourages me to cook, especially when I dont feel like cooking after work. It is great hear, people are definately helpful. I love it, and I can see that you r lovin it too!

Welcome to DC Beau,
thanks for sharing your recipe with us.

kadesma:)

Welcome to the site and thanks for the recipe!! Please, please, please stay motivated to cook for yourself - it's so rewarding!!! Hope you find lots of inspiration here.

15.gif

Wow Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hopefully next time I will actually type out a proper recipe ;) I don't know because it takes longer for me to actually write stuff down because 80% of my cooking is just off the cuff. Oh well. :D Isn't that just the best way? Except baking...tried just winging it with baking and learned fast its not a good idea for a beginner.

Aloha Beau and welcome to the DC 'Ohana. I am also new to the DC forum so you and I are "newbies". I live in the Bay Area too (Fremont) so we are also neighbors. Your recipe sounds good and the picture makes it even tastier. I'll try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Mahalo,
Restless

Back
Top Bottom