Hello all. I'd like to introduce myself.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmyChelle

Assistant Cook
I happened upon this site just a minute ago and I feel like I may have stumbled upon a gold mine!

My name is Amy. I am a 38 year old female from Alabama. I am not a professional cook, but I do love to cook. I love learning new things about cooking! Getting new tips and tricks are like gifts to me! I won't mention how much I love kitchen gadgets and dishes and anything that makes cooking easier, more original and more fun. I'll leave it at my dream is to have professional type kitchen! LOL

I haven't posted ANYTHING about myself yet, so I'll briefly describe me as a person for an idea of who I am. I'm married-19 years in June. I have one 17 year old son who is my very heart. He is a senior in high school and I am a senior in college! I (hopefully) will graduate in May with my RN. Other than my family-nursing is my heart's most fervent passion! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. I'm not a passionate political person, but politics are important to me-I just don't see myself ever being a picketer (sp?) on behalf of political candidates. I love to laugh. I enjoy silliness and goofiness and having fun. I enjoy living peacefully with others and making strong friendships warms my heart. I am honest to a fault, while still trying to be considerate of another person's feelings. BUT, I do suffer from foot-in-mouth syndrome quite often. The last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt or offend someone, so if I become afflicted with foot-in-mouth-syndrome, please feel free to kindly ask for clarification and I will kindly and willingly explain/clarify. I guess that's enough for now!

I look forward to moving on from here and getting to know a few fellow cooks as time goes by!:chef:

Welcome Amy! It's very nice to meet you. I, too, have one son. He is 29. It seems you and I were about the same age when we married and had our sons. I was 19 when I got married, and turned 22 five days after my son was born. There something about the bond between a mother and son.
Congratulations on soon becoming an RN. It must be a very rewarding career. My sister always thought of becoming a nurse, but got side tracked along the way. She finally became an LPN at age 40. She works for hospice. It can at times be very draining for her, but she loves what she does.

Welcome Amy,
not to worry about foot in mouth, if when you go to post you look to your right and see all the little smiley faces use those to help get across your idea. If we remember that others can't see us we learn to be very careful of what we say and how we say it. If in doubt leave it out and just enjoy the forum, get to know each of us..You will find the most loving kind people on the net right here on DC..Enjoy Amy
kadesma:)

Thank you everyone! What kind replies. You make a great point about the foot in mouth Kadesma, it can be difficult not seeing expressions and hearing inflections. I am smiley user for sure! I too believe it helps to relay the message as intended.

Retoucher, I appreciate you taking the time to share as you did. That was so thoughtful of you! Yes, nursing is hard, but it is so fulfilling. I can't see myself doing anything else now that I am finally doing it-to a degree anyway. I truly believe that hospice is a calling. You can't do that kind of job without a heart full of compassion for people.

I did marry young, and have a baby young as well. I turned 21 two months after he was born. But, it was an advantage really. I was able to raise my child the way we wanted to, and STILL be young enough to go back and pursue a career after he got old enough for me to be comfortable leaving him to his own devices- to an extent. He still needs me, just not as dependently as he did very early on. We have a wonderful bond. He and his dad have a good relationship as well, but ours is so much richer. Hopefully, in time, they will grow to be as close as we are. I think time a maturity draws fathers and sons together-where nature and nurture probably draw the mother and son together in infancy. Most times anyway. Those are my ideas...parent child relationships are very interesting how the evolve and grow with time.

Again, thanks everyone! I think I will really enjoy it here.

hello.gif
&
icon_welcome.gif
AmyC.

Hi!! & welcome to the discuss cooking i am also new to this board & i found this board is the most beautiful & nice board i have ever seen.

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will like it here. There are a lot of good topics, people, and ideas. Glad you found this place.:chef:

AmyChelle, welcome to DC. Good for you for not giving up on your dream. About becoming an RN...Whether you take the "express" bus, or the "local', the important thing is that you get to where you're supposed to be. I, too, share your passion for cooking. I don't think I need another gadget... Well, perhaps a large balloon whisk. But, that should be it for a while. I love cooking.. When I have something on my mind, I get in the kitchen and "get lost in the sauce", so to speak. I enjoy the journey more than the final destination.

Thank you, AmyChelle, for answering the "call" to be a nurse. I honor the commitment and professionalism of so many who have cared for me over the years. Nursing isn't something a person does for a living, it's a "calling" just like the ministry. And those who are "called", bring such comfort to those they care for. They don't pay nurses enough.

Thanks y'all! you guys really roll out the red carpet and make a person feel welcome!

Toni, those were very kind words. Thank you so much. I really do value feedback on nurses, especially for those who have been in their hands more often than probably desired. I agree with you. It's a calling. It takes a heart for people in such a way that it's nearly impossible to put into words. The best way I have found that says it best is this: with almost every patient I care for, I end up finding something to love about them. Not love love kind of love, but they plant themselves into my heart for the length of time of their stay, and I perform my job from that place. Granted, their are the very few who make it very challenging to bond with them in the same way, but, I can always manage my way through it so that they still leave feeling cared for. It's simply my heart. I don't know how else to say it. I'm SO glad I never gave up my dream. It was truly my purpose! I'm glad you've had positive experiences. I hope all of them always will be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom