"Hello All" just registered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefmaloney

Senior Cook
WAaaay back in 1968 my father had a small cafe at the Salton Sea, CA.
I started out washing dishes when I was 10 and eventually learned to cook breakfast, lunch & dinner from the other cooks who worked there. By the time I was 14 I was busy in the kitchen cooking, cleaning, food ordering etc. By the time I was 15 I had already had a few short 'spats' with the waitresses concerning the customers eggs (hah).
Dad would check-up on me occasionally saying "How are we doing Chef Maloney?" Thus...... the name.
I'm not sure if there was some TV or radio talk show with someone by the name Chef Maloney or where he got it from. Unfortunately I never asked him before he passed away.
I love cooking (and eating) and through the years have always purchased cookbooks (I have a small collection of nice hard covers), recipes from people, & family recipes. Weird thing is my mother never cooked with spices or herbs, her cooking was rather bland, like hospital food, but always healthy.
Needless to say, once I discovered spices I never turned back.
Sorry for being so long winded.
Hello All!!!
Looking forward to meeting you and discussing lots of great recipes here:)

Thank you Sattie & pdswife. Nice to meet you too.
I need to sign out right now but hope to be talking with you again tomorrow or sometime soon. xo chef maloney :)

:chef:Greeting and Welcome to your new home. Heres a cup of hot chocolate

Attachments

• Hot Chocolate or Coffee.gif
    Hot Chocolate or Coffee.gif
    2 KB · Views: 47
Hello Quicksilver, Maverick2272, Maidrite(thanks for the hot chocolate)
and beginner chef...... nice to meet you all :<)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom