Hello. Canadian guy here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobius

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

My name is Cobius and I'm new here.

Now, first things first. I don't know how to cook, but I'm here to learn. Whenever I'm trying to learn a new skill, I join forums based on the skill. And, upon a couple Google searches, I was able to land here.

That being said, I'm looking forward to becoming acquainted with you all and participating in this community. :)

-Cobius

welcome, cobius.

we have lots of canucks here, so you should feel at home straight away.

our canadians usually search our top couple of threads, wishing they could get into the deeper discussons without claiming anything on the way home, and without a silly passport. :cool:

Hi Cobius; I'm a yooper from Michigan, on the south side of the Canadian border. I have some great freinds on your side of the St. Mary's River, and visit them every now and again.

That being said, I know all about the Canadian pride thing. Let it be known that the Red Wings Rule.

After that, we all love to share what we know, and learn from each other around here. We're a friendly bunch who are passionate about food, life, integrity, and poking a bit of fun at each other. So welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

I'd take the time to warn you about a couple of jokers, but then I'd have to be giving away all my tricks, as I'm one too.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

hello cobius, and welcome to dc. we do have quite a lot of canadian foodies among us. so far, we love every one of you guys. so, just don't disappoint--don't be the first one....:)

Welcome to DC! I see you've already met our resident brats. Which end of the country are you on?

Welcome to DC .. great choice on a place to land. You will have a ton of fun here and you can learn more than you thought you wanted to learn !!

Welcome to DC. This is a very fun place to land. We all have a great sense of humor. If you don't believe me, go over to "Today's Funny" and see for yourself. Every so often when I am feeling a bit down, I go right over there and my day brightens up immensely.

We are also a community of pet lovers. As you can see from a lot of the avatars.

But most of all we love food and everything about it. You have a question? Then we have more answers than you can imagine. Having a problem with a recipe? Tell us what the problem, include the recipe and we all will have a different answer as to how to fix that nasty problem. :angel:

Welcome to DC! I see you've already met our resident brats. Which end of the country are you on?

We have no "brats" on DC, merely incorrigible, highly intelligent, and exceptionally talented and good looking men born on September 30th.:D and to prove it, I offer our newest Canadian a somewhat famous recipe.

Chief Longwind's Pancakes.
These pancakes come out so moist and light that you will never buy a pancake mix again. Enjoy them.

Dry Ingrediants:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbs. Sugar
½ tsp. Salt
1 tbs. Double Acting Baking Powder

Wet Ingrediants:
3/4 cup milk
1 large Egg
3 tbs. Cooking oil
Preheat the griddle. Place the dry ingrediants into a large bowl and stir together with a wire whisk or mixing spoon. Add the remaining ingrediants and again stir until mixed. Do not stir until all the lumps are gone as this will overmix the batter. There should be small lumps. These will dissapear while cooking the pancakes.
Cook over medium heat until the bubbles close slowly as they rise and pop. Do not cook until the bubbles stay open as this will dry out the pancake. And most importantly, Don’t squish them down with your cake turner or spatula. When they are ready to flip, turn them over and cook for about 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and serve immediately. If you must cook up enough for a bunch of people, keep them warm by stacking in a large-rectangular cake pan and placing the pan into a 120' oven covered with a clean kitchen towel.
You can add blueberries to the uncooked batter without changing anything else. However, if you add acidic fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, or pineapple, you will need to add ½ tsp. Baking soda to the batter to ballance the acid from the fruit.
The above recipe makes enough pancakes for two people. Yo can easily enlarge the recipe by simply multiplying the ingredients by the same number. That is, if you double the flour, multiply all other ingredients by two.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Hello & welcome from the UK.

I tend to come in, and then return to nowhere land. Though I have every intention of joining in. One of these days. But you'll find everyone here extremely friendly & helpful

oh wait, damn. if that's nowhere land, then ireland was subjected like slaves by nobodies, and canada was ruled as a dominion of nobodies.

that's not good. :(

Last edited:
oh, c'mon. it's not nowhere land. :ermm:

irish people the world over would have no one to blame for all of their faults if it was nowhere land...

:angel:

Considering our government atm, it might as well be nowhere land. Considering most of the politians have no backbone. Ok I promise my minor political rant over with. :rolleyes:

BTW I'm of Scottish & Irish ancestory. :chef:

That being said, I know all about the Canadian pride thing. Let it be known that the Red Wings Rule.

Blackhawks rule!
Chicago_Blackhawks_Logo.gif

Red Wings drool!

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, everyone needs to start somewhere! Good luck with the cooking, I am sure you will have plenty of successes...with a couple of disasters ;-)

Welcome cobius. Can you post your recipe for tourtiere? I am always fascinated by how many different ones there are out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom