"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Jiayan Wu Send a message via MSN to Jiayan Wu
Yes i think i will have fun in this forum.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Head Chef

Welcome! We Americans love Chinese food. I especially like Szechwan and Hunan dishes.

Your blog is great. Are the photos dishes you prepared? They look wonderful, especially the GongBao Chicken -- which I think is the same as Kung Pao Chicken, a very popular dish in Chinese restaurants here in California. It's probably just a different spelling of the same words.

One question about the recipe: You call for "Groundnut Kernels"; is that the same as peanuts?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Welcome! We Americans love Chinese food. I especially like Szechwan and Hunan dishes.

Your blog is great. Are the photos dishes you prepared? They look wonderful, especially the GongBao Chicken -- which I think is the same as Kung Pao Chicken, a very popular dish in Chinese restaurants here in California. It's probably just a different spelling of the same words.

One question about the recipe: You call for "Groundnut Kernels"; is that the same as peanuts?
Konchiwa,

By the way Scotch the Chinese food we have here is Americanized and altered to suit our tastes!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
Konchiwa,

By the way Scotch the Chinese food we have here is Americanized and altered to suit our tastes!
Los Angeles has a HUGE Chinese population and, consequently, some of the best and most authentic Chinese restaurants outside of Shanghai.

That does NOT include places like Panda Express, which manage to produce stuff that merely resembles Chinese food.

And, BTW, "konnichiwa" is Japanese for "hello" or "good afternoon." In Chinese, depending on the dialect, I believe it's usually "nihao." BTW #2: Los Angeles also has great and very authentic Japanese restaurants.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Los Angeles has a HUGE Chinese population and, consequently, some of the best and most authentic Chinese restaurants outside of Shanghai.

That does NOT include places like Panda Express, which manage to produce stuff that merely resembles Chinese food.

And, BTW, "konnichiwa" is Japanese for "hello" or "good afternoon." In Chinese, depending on the dialect, I believe it's usually "nihao." BTW #2: Los Angeles also has great and very authentic Japanese restaurants.
Thanks mate, By the way How pure are the restaurants in La?

Because I want to try real Chinese food.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Thanks mate, By the way How pure are the restaurants in La?

Because I want to try real Chinese food.
Come on out! There are 100s of Chinese restaurants of every type in the Los Angeles area, especially in cities like Monterey Park that have large populations of recent immigrants. Some of the places speak almost no-English, and you sometimes have to convince the waiter to serve you certain dishes (they'll tell you "American no like that stuff" -- if they speak English at all). Great stuff!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

Quote:

Thank you for watching blog.I am very very appreciate what you do.Because it let me think what i do is valuable.
The first problem you said GongBao Chicken and Kung Pao Chicken, actually they are totally the same,just a different spelling, in china we call them GongBao chicken.
The second ,you said you like Szechwan and Hunan dishes, I think this is two place where is famous about their spicy food, if you like, i can try my best to write some recipe about Szechwan and Hunan dishes.You can see my blog, i will update them weekly.
The third question the groundnut kernels i called is the same as peanuts,i will modify it, originally i think groundnut kernel may be professional.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Konchiwa,

I think if you have chance to go to China, you will taste the authetic chinese food, maybe i can take you to taste different kinds of Chinese Food
Old 08-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Quote:

I parpare those dishes by myself, they are very beautiful i think.HAHA
Old 08-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Jiayan, I suggest that you go to the User CP on the top left, click on it, then scroll down a little on the left to go to Edit Details to add your url (blog address) so that we can access your blog to view the dishes you prepare. Thanks for putting them up on your blog. I always love to learn new recipes, especially authentic Chinese recipes. I hope to learn some from you.

Cheers,
Shalinee