Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexrushmer

Assistant Cook
Hi there, hope you are all well. I'm a newbie so thought I'd let you know a bit about me.

I'm a 24 year old passionate cook from England. I run a website dedicated to providing bespoke recipes and dinner party menus for clients and also write a foodie blog that is updated regularly.

Bestest,

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Yippee, yet another European! Welcome, I am English too but live in Milan at the moment. This is a great site, with people all over the world, welcome!

Thanks lulu. Milan, wow! I love Italy so very much. Sadly Milan is one of the few cities I haven't yet made it to. You must love it over there, being of a foodie nature?!

I have started a thread here where I am eating my round Lomardy, lol. I am going to Rome this weekend and Modena next weekend, and DH is from Florence, where I still have to visit, but slowly I am tasting Italy! Food is good, someother things are hard to adjust too, and I get a little homesick sometimes, but yes, I live a dolce vita mostly!

Where abouts in UK are you from?

That sounds truly wonderful - am very jealous.

Rome is great. If you can find it try to eat at a little restaurant called Il Sostegno (sp?). It is very near the Pantheon and the meal I had there remains one of the best in memory. I can send some vague directions if you like.

Florence is also incredible, probably my fave city in the world, certainly in Italy.

I am from south Manchester but spent some time living in London as well after university. Glad to be home now but miss London big time!

Ooh yes, directions please.....we are looking for somewhere for lunch on Saturday, and tell me what you had? Maybe start a thread in The DC Road forum?

Ok, it was a while back so the exact directions may be a little hazy but they should get you there!

With your back to the Pantheon walk to the top right of the square, away from the Pantheon. There are plenty of restaurants on this square but none are great and you pay a premium for the location.

Take the first right out of the square, I think there is a little store selling nice paper/pens etc on your right. Carry on down that road and there will be a little allyway on your right. At the end of it there is a huge steel support holding two of the buildings up - this is called a sostegno in Italian, hence the name of the restaurant.

I had a very simple lunch of pasta, olive oil, baby tomatoes and fresh basil. The simplest of great ingredients cooked to perfection.

what is the DC road forum?

hi redkitty. Thanks for the welcome!

Bristol is a cool city. Some good food places too!

There is a really good organic farmers' market near the Corn Exchange. Not sure when it is on but I have a feeling it may be every Thursday.

For eating out, the brasserie at Hotel Du Vin is really good and San Carlos is amazing - great food and an unbeatable atmosphere. I'll try and think of some others.

Hi Alex, welcome also. I'm also new here. Was born in England and lived near Southampton, Hampshire, before my parents brought us kids to British Columbia, Canada, many years ago, - where we've lived ever since.
best wishes, Alandra

Thanks Alex, we've been to the Du Vin, it was very good but **** expensive! Ill have to look into the San Carlos. Thanks for the recommendations!

Back
Top Bottom