Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

korry1977

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,

I have joined this website to learn about cooking healthier. I have decided to lose weight/body fat. In order to do this (along with exercising), I recently began to steam my foods, instead of frying them.

I currently use a rice cooker/steamer to steam my meals. Does any one have any suggestions? recipes?

Thanks!
Korry

Hi Korry,
welcome to DC..
You might look here and see if this might be what you are looking for..Ask all the questions you want..We love helping and sharing..

kadesma

ok... thanks... I will start a thread there...

Hello and welcome! Hope you find the info you're looking for, I'm sure you will!

Hello there... Thanks for the welcome...

Hi Korry
Welcome to this forum
I'm a new too.
I think you can learn a lot here
If anything I can do, please tell me.
Nice to see you, have a nice day. :)

Welcome. There a lot of good cooks just waiting to help you in you quest for a slimmer you. As well as steaming try some reduced portion's with carbs, use good olive oil to cook with I know it has more calories but no cholesterol. instead of salt use lemon juice
and or pure vitamin C ( Jewish Sour Salt ) just a pinch will give foods a real zing in the flavor dept. King Arther sells it cheap to Just a few hints off the top of the ole bean
Also try Lemon Pepper I use it a lot for a quick pick me upper

Hi Korry
Welcome to this forum
I'm a new too.
I think you can learn a lot here
If anything I can do, please tell me.
Nice to see you, have a nice day. :)

Welcome to DC!

Thank you both for the welcome :)

Welcome. There a lot of good cooks just waiting to help you in you quest for a slimmer you. As well as steaming try some reduced portion's with carbs, use good olive oil to cook with I know it has more calories but no cholesterol. instead of salt use lemon juice
and or pure vitamin C ( Jewish Sour Salt ) just a pinch will give foods a real zing in the flavor dept. King Arther sells it cheap to Just a few hints off the top of the ole bean
Also try Lemon Pepper I use it a lot for a quick pick me upper

Very good... I will try these suggestions as well... thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom