Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valscookbook

Assistant Cook
Kinda late in introducing myself. I'm Val and I am a food writer. I am a deep fan of history. Just produce a book on 1800 recipes.

Hi, Val. Welcome to DC. Perhaps you might consider sharing a recipe or two that we would find out of the ordinary. Or maybe you could write a book about all the "Foodies" you'll meet on DC. We certainly are a colorful lot. :LOL: Once you're here for awhile you'll find it's just like family.

JoeV

Hi JoeV,
Thank you for that warm welcome. I'm actually in AZ, although I did live in MD for over a year. All I can say is Blllurrrr! : )

An unual recipe coming up:

Cold Pudding, 1872

stale cake
3 eggs
1 pint of milk

Fill a tin mold with stale cake broken up fine, and pour over it a custard made of eggs and milk. Let it stand 1 ½ hours. Add a little flavoring and a little sliced citron, and boil it 1 ½ hours. Then let it grow cold; turn it out carefully, sift fine sugar over it, and serve with sauce.

Ooops! My bad. I should have clarified that by DC I meant DiscussCooking.com.

Interesting recipe. It would never work in my house because cake doesn't last long enough to get stale.:LOL::LOL:

JoeV

LOL! DiscussCooking. LOL!

I hear ya, about the cake. Interesting enough, they wasted nothing in those times, if they could help it.

Ahhhh... I think when I first say 'DC' being used, I kept thinking Washington DC. For the longest time I figured most of the forum members were from Washington DC. I have since learned!!! I'm sure you will fit in just fine here!

Yes, today was the first time I saw the acronym. It was too funny when JoeV pointed it out to me. LOL!

Thank you!

Heck, at least you got it figured out. I think I went several months with the thought that everyone on DC was born in DC!

Welcome valscookbook, we are so happy to have you here. Grab a cup of something and join right in to your new home:) Hugs Maidrite:chef:

Back
Top Bottom