Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amysueheck

Assistant Cook
I'm new to this site and looking forward to exploring everything this forum has to offer. I can see this is going to turn into a new addiction! :yum:

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside." lyrics written and performed by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

Ok, so I'm old. That's ok because you're new. See it balances out. Ah, I'm not that old. In any case, we will give you everything we have in the way of friendship, and cooking advise, and will take everything you give us of the same.

You will like it here.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well I guess I'm old too since I started singing the song right off the bat! This site is information overload...where to begin?!

Well I guess I'm old too since I started singing the song right off the bat! This site is information overload...where to begin?!

Ah sweet joy, another ELP, or even better, progressive rock fan.

Here's a beginning for you: The Chiefs Famous Pancakes

Ingredients;
Dry:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. double acting baking powder
2 tbs. sugar

Wet:
1 large egg
3/4 cup whole milk
3 tbs. cooking oil

Preheat a flat griddle over just a bit over medium heat.

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the egg and oil in a separate bowl to an emulsion. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together until only small lumps remain.

Test the griddle by dripping water on top. It should skittle around on the hot surface. Lightly rub cooking oil over the griddle with a suitable pastry brush, or paper towel, taking care not to burn yourself. Spoon three tbs. of batter onto the griddle for each pancake and let sit until bubbles come to the top and start breaking. Flip and cook another two minutes or so. Serve fresh with butter and your favorite pancake topping.

These are good pancakes. You will like them. Add other ingredients, like diced apple, or wild blueberries (yes they have to be sweet, wild, low-bush blueberries), or peanuts. DW used to like to put M & M candies in for the kids when they were young.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

welcome Amy, we don't call him the Chief for nothing! A good man and a good cook too.

A good man is only a good man when compared to lesser men. There are no lesser men on DC, only good men who want to share and learn. So, me, I'm just an average guy around here, and I'm in very good company from both sexes.

But in any case, thanks S&P. What you said of me, I return back to you. You are a good man, and a good cook too.

Amysueheck, I hope you enjoy the pancakes. You will find over time in DC that I earned my name - Longwind of the North:LOL:.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chiefs Famous Pancakes

Well the title certainly fits the bill. These were very good! I made them without fruit added and served with REAL maple syrup, sausage and scrambled eggs. Now that's the way to start the day. Thank you for that recipe!

And Salt and Pepper your quote of the Chief being a good man and a good cook are very true. I've already received great advice in the short time I've been on the board from several members. I can see I'm in good company!

Back
Top Bottom