Hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andre2807

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone! I'm André, a new cooking fanatic.

I want to learn all there is to learn about cooking, baking, the history and science of it etc.

I dislike recipe sites, recipe books etc that assumes that I don't burn my toast.

I love books like: The Flavor Bible, Larousse and The Professional Chef.

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and our cuisine is as diverse as our languages are. Rainbow nation.

PS: I thought that DC meant 'Washington DC'

Last edited:
Welcome to DC! Most cookbooks are geared to folks that have basic cooking knowledge and skills, IMO. Some are geared to those with higher skill levels. You will find that different ethnic cuisines may require special equipment and techniques. Some you can adapt to on hand equipment.

PS- There are no AWB members here.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah I've realised that. I didn't grow up in a house where cooking was done often.

So I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm one of those idiots who bought a basic knife set and cook food from the recipe suggestion on the packet of processed spices. Then adding my own ingredients in and thinking that I was a "decent cook"

7 years later and I'm for the first time in my life making things from scratch, learning the uses of each ingredient, learning the why and how of each cooking method etc.

Now I've realised how little I know.

I know nothing, but watching Kitchen Nightmares makes me feel a bit better about my own cooking skills/knowledge I've gained over the past month.

Hi everyone! I'm André, a new cooking fanatic.

I want to learn all there is to learn about cooking, baking, the history and science of it etc.

I dislike recipe sites, recipe books etc that assumes that I don't burn my toast.

I love books like: The Flavor Bible, Larousse and The Professional Chef.

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and our cuisine is as diverse as our languages are. Rainbow nation.

PS: I thought that DC meant 'Washington DC'
Not on here :)

Welcome to this DC

Back
Top Bottom