Hello Everyone from a newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary the Fudgeman

Assistant Cook
Hi folks.

I'm new.
My main reason for joining is that I make fudge, truffles and cookies which I sell at craft fairs, farmers markets and from my website.
I was hoping that any other people trying to (or succeeding at) making a living from their products could recommend ways to promote my website.
Hopefully I haven't broken any rules with this question.
Answers appreciated please.:)
Also, can I put a link to my site in as a siggie?

welcome, gary the fudgeman! i can't answer any of your questions - but just want to welcome you here! :)

Welcome Gary! My mouth started watering when I read your post! I hope you will share recipes with us in the Dessert forum.

And to answer your question about your link, as long as you are not trying to sell stuff on DC, or trying to recruit away from DC then yes you may post your link in your signature.

You will see "User CP" sort of at the top of the page. Click on that. Then on the left side of the screen you'll see "Edit My Profile" "Edit My Signature" etc. :)

Yes, I live in the beautiful state of Colorado! Again, welcome!!

Welcome to DC, Gary
Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!!

AndyM, would it be trying to sell on the sight if he just puts his website in his signature.
He wouldn't be actually trying to sell with an advertisement, just showing us his website.

hello Gary! Welcome to our family!
Yes, you can put your site as your sig, just don't "advertise" in your postings. (Basic common sense is always best!) While we sad you can't post your fudge recipes, and even sadder that we're way across the pond....we'd love to hear about your other recipes - you obviously know your way around chocolates....any cookies/cakes you are brilliant with?
As for promoting your site, local craft fairs are a good start, as you mentioned, but are there any large-scale fairs in your area? I know that in my area, there is a huge craft fair that goes from Southern California to Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona, in about 15 stops. The folks that produce their own foods say it is really the best way to get their product known. Then, when the consumer runs out, they purchase on the website till the fair is back in town.
Best of luck, and we look forward to hearing more from you!

Hey Gary, welcome to the site! I understand about your fudge recipe. I have a website where I sell caramels and there are 3 people in the world that know how to make the recipe. Even if you had the recipe I don't think it would help as most still wouldn't know exactly what to do with it to get the desired results! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here. I'm new and I have been very impressed and pleased with this forum.

BTW - Worcestershire is a beautiful place to live! I love England and Scotland... Wouldn't mind moving there some day, just can't imagine not living in the states...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom