hello everyone from So. Cal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scootervb

Assistant Cook
hey everyone,
joined this site to see if i could get some new low carb, high protine recipes.:chef: I am currently in the Application process with the L.A. County Sheriffs Department, and need new ideas for my diet. Along with working out two times a day ive been doing an egg breakfast w/ Cristal lite to drink...haven't found any real good ideas for lunch other than flavored tuna pouches:sick: and a chicken dinner with assorted vegetables. so if anyone out there has some good ideas or sites to check out let me know. and thanks for the warm welcome!

Scott:)

howdy

welcome. i will give it some thought. nothing comes to mind right now.babe
ps try putting cheese with your tuna for a different flavor. salad with grilled chicken should work as well. all for now

I don't really eat too many vegetables personally. I work out around 5 times a week and get everything I need from whey protein. It's a diet supplement, so it basically is your breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Welcome Scooter!

We'll definitely help you out in the food dept!
Respectfully, I disagree with rmalik23 - while whey protein is helpful, nothing beats fruits & veggies for your fresh food intake.

Glad to see you're eating eggs in the morning - hard boiling a dozen eggs at a time, and then having them accessible is also a good quick breakfast, if you're running short on time.

Will keep thinking up new ideas.
And congrats on making it into the LA Sheriff's Dept!

It's alright jkatch. See, whey protein gives you protein (obviously), amino acids and so on. A lot of these nutrients are also found in vegetables. But, whey protein personally fills me up, provides nourishment and muscle building protein at the same time.

Welcome to DC!! Try wrapping the tuna in a lettuce leaf and adding some tomato to it as well. Take some soup to work, assuming you have access to a microwave. Likewise leftover dinners. Try mixing up your breakfasts a bit as well so that you can take an egg salad for lunch every so often. Try having fish for breakfast occasionally, like smoked cod.

Hi and welcome to DC! I've got some ideas for you!!

Whey protein is good in shakes but not something I would consume frequently. Certainly not in place of fruits & veggies. Nut butters are excellent, I eat a tablespoon with a banana or apple. Nuts & seeds with dried fruit are great for snacks.

Make some hummus (super easy and not expensive), boil a dozen eggs like jkath suggested, remove the yolk and put a spoonful of hummus in it's place. Excellent low carb, high protein snack. Hummus is also excellent for dipping veggies in!

For a main meal, Turkey Chili is so tasty and easy. Buy a package of lean ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, green bell peppers, can of kidney beans, 2-3 cans crushed tomatoes, chili powder & oregano. Cook the veg in some olive oil, add the meat & spices and cook till brown. Add tomatoes & beans and simmer for 30 minutes.

Breakfast can be scrambled egg whites with some low fat cheese and lean bacon. Steel cut oatmeal should be a staple breakfast for you, cook in water, add cinnamon & nutmeg and chopped fruit (I add blueberries or dried figs or prunes). Plain low-fat yogurt with 1 cup of berries is another good breafast.

Lunches can be a big mixed green salad with turkey & ham and low fat cheese. Grilled chicken salad with chopped veggies (mushrooms, onions, tomatoes).

This is an excellent Turkey Meatloaf recipe I used to make all the time, served with a nice big green salad. Turkey Meatloaf Recipe at Epicurious.com

Chicken stir-frys with red & green bell peppers, onions, broccoli and mushrooms. And don't be afraid to try tofu as well!!!

Hope this gives you some ideas, all good low-carb high protein food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom