Hello, fellow food eaters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veggie_Queen

Assistant Cook
I'm Angie, and I live in the Midwest. I'm incredibly happy to glance around and see that there are a few other vegetarians around here! We're few and far between around here.

So a little bit about me, eh? Well, I've been cooking since I was 3 years old, and I absolutely love it. I usually either concoct my own recipes or alter ones I find to my own tastes. Oh, and I recently found out that I have a medical condition that can be managed by cutting back on "bad" carbs, so any tips or recipes related to that are much appreciated. :)

I love talking about food and cooking, and I'm really looking forward to having those discussions with people who perhaps share the passion!

Welcome, Veggie Queen! Hubby and I aren't vegetarians, but we do eat lots of meatless meals, so I'll look forward to seeing your recipes.

I'm having a blast here, so join me! I'm a newbie too, we'll share this together!

I'll be sure to post plenty of recipes! :)

I'm glad you're having fun here—I'm pretty stoked to get into the community! Any suggestions for areas to check out?

Welcome, Veggie Queen! I'm not a vegetarian, but I sure do love veggies and meatless meals several times a week. Have fun looking around here and hope to see more posts and ideas from you. :)

Congratulations, Veggie_Queen. You are what we call a "foodie:" Someone who loves to cook, loves to eat, and loves to talk about food. I R one of those too! Welcome aboard.

I'm Angie, and I live in the Midwest. I'm incredibly happy to glance around and see that there are a few other vegetarians around here! We're few and far between around here.

So a little bit about me, eh? Well, I've been cooking since I was 3 years old, and I absolutely love it. I usually either concoct my own recipes or alter ones I find to my own tastes. Oh, and I recently found out that I have a medical condition that can be managed by cutting back on "bad" carbs, so any tips or recipes related to that are much appreciated. :)

I love talking about food and cooking, and I'm really looking forward to having those discussions with people who perhaps share the passion!
Hi, Angie. Welcome to DC. Vegetarians welcome - even us carnivores like to eat meatless dishes.

Not very well up on good and bad carbs so what I know you probably already know but there are lots of people around DC who can help. We have several diabetics so perhaps they can help?

I am most definitely a foodie, woohoo!

Mmhmm, anything that would help a type 2 diabetic would be good for my needs as well. Glad to hear I'll have some people to talk to for advice! :)

I'll be sure to post plenty of recipes! :)

I'm glad you're having fun here—I'm pretty stoked to get into the community! Any suggestions for areas to check out?

Oh, merrrrrrrrrrrrcy! :LOL: I just jumped into places and topics that looked interesting. That is where I still am. :ermm:

Maybe you could try the vegetarian topics first. There's a zillion recipes for everything meatless under the sun there and you could offer suggestions or ask questions on some, and get new ideas from others, and of course, post yours.

I posted a sausage and lentil casserole in "Casseroles," and you could probably substitute the sausage with veggie links, and give me ideas on how to make it tasty without meat. We often have meatless meals, so if you could transform this old favorite and any other recipe I post into something bright and new, I'd love it!

But be warned: If it has anything to do with Brussels sprouts, my hubby won't touch it with a barge pole! :LOL: I might, though!

Back
Top Bottom