Hello from a new cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to DC. We all had to start sometime. None of us came out of the womb knowing how to cook. It is an adventure that lasts a lifetime.

Welcome to both of you. We all had to start somewhere. There is a book called "Joy of Cooking" which a great place to start

Last edited:
Hi from another newbie. I bet I've messed up more stuff than you! :D

It's so fun, though, when you try something and get it right!! I once thought that if you wanted good food, you had to eat out. Now, I'm all, "Look at me! This is better than any I've had before!" :chef: Well, sometimes.

I am currently trying to get the hang of hash browns. They're either underdone or a giant, fused clump and never much good. Edible, just not good.

What are you working on? Anything special?

Hi from another newbie. I bet I've messed up more stuff than you! :D

It's so fun, though, when you try something and get it right!! I once thought that if you wanted good food, you had to eat out. Now, I'm all, "Look at me! This is better than any I've had before!" :chef: Well, sometimes.

I am currently trying to get the hang of hash browns. They're either underdone or a giant, fused clump and never much good. Edible, just not good.

What are you working on? Anything special?

Welcome to DC. Hash browns are easy. Just take a look. The secret is once they are on the heat, leave them be until they are brown and crispy. And make sure they are salted enough.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f32/how-to-make-great-hash-browns-88009.html

:angel:

Last edited:
Welcome to DC. Hash browns are easy. Just take a look. The secret is once they are on the heat, leave them be until they are brown and crispy. And make sure they are salted enough.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f32/how-to-make-great-hash-browns-88009.html

:angel:
Thank you! Lots of good ideas there!! You really are an :angel:

See, OP? They know EVERYTHING here. Sometimes I just sit and read and read...thinking, "He's much better than me. I can't do that yet," and "Oh, excellent idea!" I take notes, etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom