Hello from Belgium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drine34

Assistant Cook
Hi

I 'm french but i live in Belgium since 2003.
(i'm from south of France...Sun sun sun and now it's rain rain rain ;) )
Where is Belgium?
Somewhere stuck beetween Germany , France , Netherland and the North Sea.
Luckily we have some interesting things like chocolate , waffles and mussels& fries....

:)

Welcome Drine. I'm from Belgium Too :)

And yes Belgium is such a big country that you can put it in a corner of Texas for example and forget it for ever ! :ROFLMAO:

But as you said, we have some interesting stuffs;) You forgot, cheeses, beers... :)

drine34 said:
Hi

Where is Belgium?
Luckily we have some interesting things like chocolate , waffles and mussels& fries....

Welcome to DC. Some of my family came from the little country of Luxembourg in 1850. Now that is a little country. I saw on a travel film that the people from Luxembourg like to eat a lot of waffles, too. So glad that you are going to be with us, I know you will have a good time, everyone here is so nice and helpful.

Drine34,
A thousand years ago, I was stationed in Etain, France (near Verdun) and was able to get to both Luxembourg (love that bridge) and Belgium a lot of times. Both are beatuful countries. I buy Belgium chocolate even today.

Old Camp Cook
Oklahoma USA

:) Welcome drine34 I grew up as a little girl close to Luxemburg in Germany,Alsenborn-Enckenbach.
You will like it here everybody is really nice.

Bienvenue, drine34. (je n'etes pas francais, mais je parle la langue un peu, tres mauvais).

I have been told that the Belgians linger for hours over their meals. How civilized!

Welcome aboard! I can attest to the FF and Waffles from Belgium! Yum! I was there just briefly a couple years ago coming through the Netherlands on my way to England.

drine34 said:
Hi

You forgot Brussels sprouts. You must have a LOT of Brussels sprouts!

drine34 said:
Hi

Where is Belgium?

I was wondering what you dip your french fries in, I had heard it was mayonnaise, is that true? The person I had heard this from said that he did that and he learned to like it.

JoAnn L. said:
I was wondering what you dip your french fries in, I had heard it was mayonnaise, is that true? The person I had heard this from said that he did that and he learned to like it.

Yes it is JoAnn ;) But not only in mayonnaise, it depends of each one taste. There is many different sauces you can dip your french fries in .

drine34 said:
Hi

Hello Drine34 - You mentioned all my favorites for Belgium :)

Walking near the Black Sea, getting an inexpensive hand-held carton of extremely fresh seafood salad, getting some Belgium style fries to eat while shopping for chocolate. After having bought some of that chocolate. Keeping from actually eating it immediately by buying a waffle or 2 :)

Welcome.

Casper

Back
Top Bottom