Hello from Belgium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaspare

Assistant Cook
Hi everybody!

I'm Jaspare, I'm 16years old and I live in Antwerp, Belgium. Since we have had a lot of problems in our family, i ended up as the one cooking. :chef:

I love to cook, but I have to admit that sometimes mom can be a little too pushy....... "Jaspare go make dinner" "Jaspare make a bread" "Jaspare make a birthday cake for your sister",...

I'm in my first year out of 7 in bakery school, and i want to open my own chocolaterie/Glacerie.

Well, nice to meet you then! Greetings!;)

and PS; i can make mistakes in english... feel free to correct me! English is not my mother language and i'm in my 2nd year of getting english classes.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your dream.

PS. Your English is fine, you do your best to type it and we will do out best to read it, if we have trouble we can ask. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the DC forum. Your English looks good. Hope your classes include some English cooking terminology. Good luck with your baking career. Sounds like you have a preference for sweets, but I'd like to know more about your bread making experiences. I sometimes wonder what bread would taste like today if the guild system still existed.

Thx!

We have 4hours of real bakery (bread, piccolo,..)
4hours of "vetdegen en beslagen" (cakes, cookies)
and 4hours of "bladerdeeg en soezen" (millefeuille, tompouces, eclairs,...)

We learn to make everything by hand the first 2years. we aren't even allowed to use a mixer :eek:
If you have any questions on these, just ask :)

and well, yep, i'm a sweets person! I hate that we don't get sugar and marzipan in the higher grades, so i need to take an extra year for that. (1day a week to school)

it can be difficult to understand since i don't know any english or american cooking terms, we use the french ones...

Welcome to DC, Jaspare! It sounds like you have some fun things to share!

Hi and welcome to DC Jaspare. I am so glad that you will be joining us.
There is lots to learn here and I am sure that you will be able to teach us somethings too.

Welcome Jaspare!

I hope you will be able to share some of the things you learn in school!

When you open your shop remember to have a double door for customers like me:pig:

Back
Top Bottom