Hello from California!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotch

Head Chef
Just found this site through Google. It's just what I'm looking for! Very practical and friendly, not too snooty lIke some sites. I love to cook -- it's one of the few things I can do with my hands and not hurt myself! Well, not too often -- a few cuts, a few burns, who cares?

I look forward to learning from others, and I hope to be able to contribute to the discussion. I have a lot of experience cooking all sorts of dishes, but I'm just an advanced amateur. Being from California, I'm into wine, but I love Scotch and rum and Cognac. I have a ton of cookbooks for reference, I bake on occasion, and I'm pretty good around the BBQ.

Bon appetite! :chef:

Oh, you may be far from me geographically, but you are right beside me on the Internet. Isn't this great? You will really love this site.

You say you have a lot of cookbooks. Just check out the "How many cookbooks do you have?" thread. It's awesome.

Scotch? What's your favorite single malt?

Welcome and have a ball!

Welcome scotch. Your right, you will not find snooty people on here, just friendly and informative people that truly love cooking and making friends.

Enjoy!

Welcome Scotch to DC. It is nice to have another member from California. I live in Southern California in the San Fernando Valley.

This is the greatest Cooking Site on the internet with great cooks and chefs. Everyone has a great sense of humor and are really wonderful.

Welcome to DC Scotch,
This is a wonderful place full of wonderful people, food and fun.

kaesma:)

Katie E said:
What's your favorite single malt?
I'm partial to the more elegant varieties, such as Macallan, and I cannot stomach things like Laphroaig (often described as old ropes and sea tar -- bleh!), and my current favorite is Highland Park.

Hey, Scotch - we can be snooty if you want us to...really, we......nah, not us!
We're glad you found us! And from one Californian to another, Welcome!

Hello - I'm from the capital of the country that produces the stuff you call Scotch and we just call whisky :)

Highland Park is one of my husband's favourites, along with Bowmore and Strathisla.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom