Hello from California!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peristalsis

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone!

My name is Kevin, residing in San Jose, CA. I'm currently a college student hoping to become a high school biology teacher.

I have absolutely no idea how to cook. I don't know how to use a knife. I don't know what it means to slice, dice, mince or chop. And I'm sure I grossly overestimate what "1 teaspoon" looks like.

I've always wanted to cook a nice meal for my girlfriend, but In-N-Out tends to rear its ugly head. So I was hoping this community would set me on the right path towards culinary independence! I'm looking forward to learning and getting to know you all!

Kevin P.

Last edited:
Welcome, Kevin. This is what I told my brother when he started to get interested in cooking more than hotdogs or burritos, start slow. Pick simple recipes and work your way up to more complicated meals. Some of the best food is the most basic food. Do not be afraid of making mistakes, it happens to the best of us. That is how you learn when cooking. Browse the recipes here at DC, there are lots of them, and see what interests you. I am sure we can get you off to a good start in no time.

Hi Kevin,

You are on your way just by joining the forum...

Think of something simple your girlfriend likes to eat
and have a go. I am sure she will be impressed by the
effort even if it is not perfect first time.

Well done and good luck

Why does my gut rumble when I read your name? Hello and Welcome!

For basic skills I advise buying a cookbook like, Better Homes and Gardens. I'm sure others have their favorite cookbooks to start with and there is an extensive list of threads on cookbooks here @ DC.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom